Snake-Like Creature (and Ellen) gone from Universe of Energy

iheartdisney91

No I was on UoE Sep 21 and Ellen, Dinosaur and all related audio was gone. Only the pteredons on the cliffs were there. The whole scene is lost to me now. It was bad enough when the dinosaur stopped moving.

Thanks!

Yeah I had no idea that dinosaur was even supposed to move. I've never seen it in action, only I'm a fixed position.

Figaro928

You'd probably do the same when you see the Ellen AA....No wonder why she's never rode the ride...They failed on making her look like herself...Click on the image to get a better look at it..........IF YOU DARE!!!
ellen.jpg
She has actually said she never rode the ride?!?! If she really thinks it's that bad I'm actually surprised that she hasn't poked fun of it on her show - that would actually be hilarious!

Figaro928

You'd probably do the same when you see the Ellen AA....No wonder why she's never rode the ride...They failed on making her look like herself...Click on the image to get a better look at it..........IF YOU DARE!!!
ellen.jpg
Ellen's TV show is asking for people to send in "Bad Vacation Photos" Whoever owns/took this photo should ABSOLUTELY submit this.

Jeff456

I'll be at Epcot Tuesday so I'll update then this is genuinely one of my favourite attractions so to see it in such a sorry state won't be good!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
She has actually said she never rode the ride?!?! If she really thinks it's that bad I'm actually surprised that she hasn't poked fun of it on her show - that would actually be hilarious!

Steven Spielburg has never ridden E.T. Adventure. That wouldn't necessarily mean Ellen's Energy Adventure was bad..... For its time. It was great for it's time. Not 20 years later. Now it's pretty outdated.

I enjoy it still, though. Well, I probably wouldn't enjoy it now that a key scene in the dino area is gone. /:

RSoxNo1

Steven Spielburg has never ridden E.T. Adventure. That wouldn't necessarily mean Ellen's Energy Adventure was bad..... For its time. It was great for it's time. Not 20 years later. Now it's pretty outdated.

I enjoy it still, though. Well, I probably wouldn't enjoy it now that a key scene in the dino area is gone. /:
Spielberg was stranded on Jaws on opening day, I find it hard to believe he has never ridden ET Adventure.

SMRT-1Michael

Any updates on this? I'm very concerned about the future of Universe of Energy. I wouldn't want another attraction to slowly fade away, especially in the parks current state. I last rode UoE on September 15th and the elasomasauris and Ellen AA were still gone.

Last edited:

Mike S

Original Poster
Any updates on this? I'm very concerned about the future of Universe of Energy. I wouldn't want another attraction to slowly fade away, especially in the parks current state. I last ride UoE on September 15th and the elasomasauris and Ellen AA were still gone.
I want an update too. I really hope UoE doesn't go. After losing Maelstrom I couldn't bare losing another EPCOT favorite :(

Marc Gil

Any updates on this? I'm very concerned about the future of Universe of Energy. I wouldn't want another attraction to slowly fade away, especially in the parks current state. I last ride UoE on September 15th and the elasomasauris and Ellen AA were still gone.
As of last Saturday, the ride was still in terrible shape.

Audio was spotty and low in the second theatre, the doors behind the curtains leading to the dinosaur diorama were broken (you could hear the dinos while viewing the finale), the film was grainy and dirty, and Ellen and the Elasmasaur (whatever... Snake-like creature) were both missing.

Oh yes, and the Dino scene could use some repainting.

SMRT-1Michael

As of last Saturday, the ride was still in terrible shape.

Audio was spotty and low in the second theatre, the doors behind the curtains leading to the dinosaur diorama were broken (you could hear the dinos while viewing the finale), the film was grainy and dirty, and Ellen and the Elasmasaur (whatever... Snake-like creature) were both missing.

Oh yes, and the Dino scene could use some repainting.

They're probably hoping nobody notices. UoE (both old and new) are still favorites of mine. I'll bet they're starting to take things away gradually and hoping no one notices. I would love a return of the original. A remake almost - but with updated films (not cartoony-character garbage) and re-recorded original 1982 music. I don't the that'll ever happen in my lifetime though.

Haymarket2008

I read/heard somewhere pretty recently that they do have things in mind for the attraction within the next 3-4 years. Basically along the lines of a strictly Bill Nye hosted refurb. At this point, I am down for anything. Just so long as they don't touch the building. Which will most likely not happen anyway. Maybe ditch the ride vehicles/screens and make it into a Energy themed dark ride? The current 45 minute length is a little too much, in my opinion.

BigThunderMatt

I read/heard somewhere pretty recently that they do have things in mind for the attraction within the next 3-4 years. Basically along the lines of a strictly Bill Nye hosted refurb.

I feel like despite its age Ellen is much more culturally relevant today than Bill Nye. Do they even show Bill Nye videos in schools anymore? Did he make the jump to DVD? Has anyone seen him lately? To say he hasn't aged gracefully would be an understatement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom