Snake-Like Creature (and Ellen) gone from Universe of Energy

MotherOfBirds

Remember how back in the old days they wouldn't allow guests to even get on Pirates if the auctioneer wasn't working?

I can't count how many times I've ridden a WDW attraction where something had some kind of critical failure but they kept the ride running without fixing it. My favorite was when someone pantsed a couple bridge pirates in the Wench For A Bride scene.

pumpkin7

Ah those were the days when they used to shut a ride down for something as little as a broken or missing animatronic, with a broken arm, or their head wasn't moving. Now, just run it anyway. It's a crowd eater and it's ok, no one will notice.

Bairstow

Ah those were the days when they used to shut a ride down for something as little as a broken or missing animatronic, with a broken arm, or their head wasn't moving. Now, just run it anyway. It's a crowd eater and it's ok, no one will notice.

I think they're attitude is less "no one will notice" and more "no one will care enough to stop bringing their family back year after year anyway."
If WDW cares less about maintenance these days it's because we've taught them not to.

Jeff456

Any more updates on whether the animatronics are back? Hoping that they might be in place when I go next weekend?

Cmdr_Crimson

The elasmosaurus is what caused me to freak out so hard, at age 5, and jump out of my ride vehicle and into a unknown man's lap in the seat behind me.

You'd probably do the same when you see the Ellen AA....No wonder why she's never rode the ride...They failed on making her look like herself...Click on the image to get a better look at it..........IF YOU DARE!!!
ellen.jpg

blm07

I don't really believe that it's impossible to replace that dino due to it being too intricate. If they could build it and make it that articulate 30 years ago, they could rebuild it with new technology and make it even better today. It's beyond time to replace the entire mechanism.

And that Ellen AA is terrible, it looks like a dude that's stoned.

Bairstow

I don't really believe that it's impossible to replace that dino due to it being too intricate. If they could build it and make it that articulate 30 years ago, they could rebuild it with new technology and make it even better today. It's beyond time to replace the entire mechanism.

And that Ellen AA is terrible, it looks like a dude that's stoned.

It looks sort of like Peter Tork from The Monkees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom