Snake-Like Creature (and Ellen) gone from Universe of Energy

rct247

Over time, the mechanics to move the creature have slowly broken and stopped moving. Eventually coming down to it staying stationary except maybe some mouth movements sometime within the past year or so. From a source who worked at UoE, they may have even had to weld to mechanisms which is why it didn't really get fixed properly. My guess is that it broke even further or they are finally fixing it.

DisneyGentleman

Over time, the mechanics to move the creature have slowly broken and stopped moving. Eventually coming down to it staying stationary except maybe some mouth movements sometime within the past year or so. From a source who worked at UoE, they may have even had to weld to mechanisms which is why it didn't really get fixed properly. My guess is that it broke even further or they are finally fixing it.
What I think we will continue to see is a move to screens. Replacing a bulb is so much easier that welding a complicated part, and the fact is that WDI does not have the capabilities to do life prediction and preventative maintenance on such complicated, on-off mechanisms. That's why you see street parties and disco Yeti.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the Maelstrom deconstruction. While that ride is not animatronic-heavy, I'm wondering if Frozen will be screens and statues?

jdmdisney99

Nah it didn't. I think that was a joke.

Ellen was one of the first A100s with the new mid-90s skin. Like dad in the CoP it didn't age well.

She also cost near to a million dollars. And due the the refurb mess in '96 she debued hidden from view behind a plastic rock.
Part joke, part urban legend I heard years ago. Thanks for all the info, which we can always count on from you. :)

I just rode it this afternoon and thought it was extremely strange myself the audio is all gone from the scene except the pterodactyls! It was really weird so I came here first and sorry no pictures just figured I missed the scene with her in it! Just take the picture that was posted earlier and then remove Ellen and her audio and voila!

Mike S

Original Poster
I just rode it this afternoon and thought it was extremely strange myself the audio is all gone from the scene except the pterodactyls! It was really weird so I came here first and sorry no pictures just figured I missed the scene with her in it! Just take the picture that was posted earlier and then remove Ellen and her audio and voila!
Sounds like someone pushed for a fix up for these animatronics. Thank you anonymous person/people in TDO. Your effort is appreciated.

misterID

Sounds like someone pushed for a fix up for these animatronics. Thank you anonymous person/people in TDO. Your effort is appreciated.

Funny, in some places effort is kind of... expected... or at least a job requirement. Maybe Ellen's AA finally had enough and split.

Seabasealpha1

Maybe after all these years of Ellen giving the Elasmosaur the "you'lla neva geta deese! you'lla neva geta deese!" he finally breaka cage and he got it...and swam away!

tumblr_mnlhrsP0By1qb1xxxo6_500.gif

aladdin2007

They kept UoE but got rid of WoM, Horizons, and WoL. Makes so much sense .....

I cant help but feel they just dont know what to do with it,,,, TDO would incorporate it into a dvc area or convention space if they could,,,,, and of course they dont want to spend money to do anything with it attraction wise. The whole sponsorship possibilty seems dead so that doesnt help things. Im sure Imagineering would come up with something but I dont sense interest from either camps, especially TDO.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Reports of multiple effects not working this week in the attraction.

Before I can check, can anyone verify it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom