1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Snacks - Best Values?

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by Lsumatt72, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Lsumatt72

Lsumatt72 Member

So I'm wanting to try some new snacks on my upcoming trip. I have the dining plan which obviously contains snacks but wanting to buy additional ones. What are some of yall's favorite snacks that are ALSO a great value?

I've heard the School Bread in Norway is a must, but what others due you get a lot of food for a little (I know, Disney does not equal a little money....)

2. Mr Ferret 88

Mr Ferret 88 Situational swearer Premium Member

The school bread in Norway is awesome ( although sadly not as awsome as the local baked type)

figmentfan423 and Lsumatt72 like this.
  3. ABQ

ABQ Well-Known Member

Speaking of Norway, and snacks. Though not a traditional snack, the little beer kiosk @ Norway has Voss bottled water available as a snack, when everywhere else seems to be limited to Dasani. Just saying that in terms of value, you're getting more for your snack point when retail prices are considered if you snag a bottle of Voss vs Dasani.

MightyMouse and Lsumatt72 like this.
  4. Lsumatt72

Lsumatt72 Member Original Poster

Exactly what I'm looking for. Best values when compared to normal retail prices!

5. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

Is it made from troll tears?

Using a snack credit on water is a huge waste.

6. Epcotfan21

Epcotfan21 Active Member

Bottled from the water that used to flow through Maelstrom before they had to drain it for Frozen.

7. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member

The wagu beef and spring rolls at Nomad Lounge are both excellent for the price, not cheap but a good value. Popcorn runs no more than what I pay at a theater and anything at Les Hailles :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Lsumatt72 likes this.
  8. EvilQueen-T

EvilQueen-T Well-Known Member

I love love love the samosas with mango salsa from Mr. Kamal's at AK but there's a possibility they may be off the menu now :( My granddaughter is obsessed with the big pickles and for paying out of pocket it's a good bargain at less than $2.

jaklgreen and figmentfan423 like this.
  9. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Dole whip float.

Starbucks Venti latte with an extra shot. - Yes they let you include the xtra shot!!!

10. carriebeth

carriebeth Active Member

if you are into Starbucks its a good snack credit value. YOu can get any size including the largest. Yes you can even add the extras like the extra shots and its included as snack credit. My family always ends up getting quite a few Frappacinos.

The caramel apples in Germany are a good high value snack. WIth or without nuts can be a snack credit even though on my last trip the one wtih nuts did not have a snack credit symbol next to it. I asked and they said they were snack credits. Also my daughter loves the caramel popcorn they make up fresh. NOt sure you want it? Ask for a sample.

If you go to Be our Guest at Lunch the desserts are a good snack credit use since counter service no longer includes snacks. I have tried all the cupcakes and they are good...not terrible oversweet versions. My favorite dessert item, however, is the chocolate cream puff...Love it.

If you want a non sweet snack in Epcot you can get a ham and cheese croissant in France for snack credit. If you want a lot of dessert choices that are different from a lot of the ordinary ones at other counter services, look into Sunshine Seasons.

Ice cream sundaes and the cookie sandwiches esp one Main Street are a big bang for your buck or snack credit.

THey no longer have cinnamon rolls at Main street bakery but they have them at Gaston's. THey are big and pretty good.

11. Lsumatt72

Wow! Great info! Thanks

figmentfan423 likes this.
  12. MySmallWorldof4

MySmallWorldof4 Well-Known Member

In addition to schoolbread in Norway, their cream filled horn is really good and preferred by my husband and 6 year old. And yes, anything at Les Halles in France is amazing! Love, love LOVE the creme brulee, and the pain chocolate.

13. 22YrsDVC

22YrsDVC Active Member

Ha ha ha. Tee-hee.

14. Lsumatt72

[QUOTE=" pain chocolate.[/QUOTE]

sounds painful :D

15. Chipster

Chipster Member

Sometimes for lunch I will get a baked potato using a snack credit which gives you a counter service credit to use for breakfast or lunch.
    One of my must do snacks is a Napoleon from France.

Lsumatt72 and figmentfan423 like this.
  16. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member

I personally think a counter service credit for most breakfasts is a waste.

Anyway, if you're going during one of the festivals, most of the food at the stands in Epcot counts as a snack credit, and those are excellent value.

17. DisneyDelirious

DisneyDelirious Super structures are my specialty!

Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is a source of a few delicious and good sized snacks. Sundaes and ice cream wedged between two big cookies always go down easy :)

18. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

My love of the dole whip is no more. It is really good but too sweet for me. Now I love the ice cream at shop across from mine train

19. I am Timmy

I am Timmy Well-Known Member

Do the oversized pretzels in the German Pavilion at Epcot still count as a snack on the plan? I just checked the Disney website, I couldn't find the info., but the price is over $9 now?! I always get one when we go, that price has gone way up. If it's no longer a snack on the plan, I'll have to pass on my next trip. If anyone knows, thanks for the info.!

20. carriebeth

carriebeth Active Member

no you could not use snack credits on them.

I am Timmy likes this.