Snack credits for breakfast items

TJ12309

Original Poster
Are there breakfast items I can use my snack credits on for when me and my family go? My idea is to save money and maximize my credits better by using my snack credits to purchase breakfast foods. Or is it better to use the snack credits for lunch items? Thanks guys.

ajt5027

Pretty much anything under $5 is considered a snack (some places are a little more stringent than others, just ask a CM).

But yes, I employee the snack as a breakfast option all the time. IMO it's the best way to use the dining plan. Just be mindful of the times you are eating. You're hunger may creep up on you if you only had a bagel for breakfast while you're standing in line for a ride and then have to run somewhere you didn't plan on having lunch at.

Sadie261

I need to eat a little something before lunch but not necessarily early in the morning. I'd rather get a churro at 10 at the park than the breakfast offerings at the hotels (not that they're bad; but I want to eat things I don't often get a chance to while on vacation).

ninjaprincesst

I also get muffins, fruit or a brownie or something for my dessert, and I bring xtra ip lock baggies and put them in the fridge in the room and eat them for breakfast. Most of the time I am way too full to eat the dessert.

WDWVolFan

Here's a tip that may not be news to anyone:

If you go to the Magic Kingdom, go to wherever they have the giant cinnamon rolls. They can be purchased as a snack...that's what we did for breakfast both days we spent at the MK last year.

michaelnyc

bring pre packaged kellogg cereal bowls, can be bought in any 99C store or supermarket
skim milk is about 1.19 in the food court
use the snack credit for a hard boiled egg for morning protein
keep away from the fattening sweet snacks, will only slow you down in the morning
coming down from an early morning sugar rush just was the park is opening is not a good feeling

Bluenoser

I like the large bowls of mixed melon or grapes. Cinnamon rolls are good too. There is also the nutella waffle sandwich with fruit that is awesome, but I paid out of pocket for it and am not sure if you can use a snack credit or not.

Zman-ks

I like the large bowls of mixed melon or grapes. Cinnamon rolls are good too. There is also the nutella waffle sandwich with fruit that is awesome, but I paid out of pocket for it and am not sure if you can use a snack credit or not.
75.gif

x2 for the nutella waffle sandwich! :)

WDW-LUVR

bring pre packaged kellogg cereal bowls, can be bought in any 99C store or supermarket
keep away from the fattening sweet snacks, will only slow you down in the morning
coming down from an early morning sugar rush just was the park is opening is not a good feeling
You can get milk in the gift shop with the snack credit. I want to say the 2quart one. It has been a couple of years since we have done this

C.M.O

last time we went, we were able to use our snack credit on cereal and it came with milk! THis was about 5 years ago though, not sure if that has changed.

Weather_Lady

Are there breakfast items I can use my snack credits on for when me and my family go? My idea is to save money and maximize my credits better by using my snack credits to purchase breakfast foods. Or is it better to use the snack credits for lunch items? Thanks guys.

We tend to have an earlier lunch and a later dinner to avoid the crowds, and as a result we tend to use our snack credit late in the afternoon -- when the citrus swirls and cupcakes start looking really good -- to stave off our hunger until it's time for our dinner ADR. You can certainly use your snack credits for breakfast, but you might find that you're still hungry between lunch and dinner, and are tempted to spend money out-of-pocket then.

Even using our snack credits for mid-day snacks, we still don't buy breakfast on property. We make coffee in the in-room coffeemaker, bring Pop Tarts and dry cereal and disposable bowls/spoons from home, buy milk in the hotel shop to keep in the in-room fridge, and have breakfast in the room every day.

officialtom

We rarely use the quick service credit for breakfast...the snacks are more than enough. Save quick service for lunch, and table service for supper. That said, we usually do one of the breakfast buffets just once, and use the table service for it, then snack for lunch (we're usually not even hungry until 2 or 3pm after the breakfast buffet), then the quick service for supper.

The meal plan is wonderful. The portions are always ridiculous. We always end up with leftover meal credits on the last day and either end up buying a bunch of snacks (granola bars, bananas, etc.) to take home or hang around the lineup and pay for others guests' meals when they try to use cash.

Same, the meal plan is great if you know how to milk it for all it's worth. We always have a muffin, pastry or bagel for breakfast along with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate since you get the mugs. Then go to the park,hop on some rides, and at about 1 we decide on the counter service. Take our time either switching parks or going back to the pool then a sit down dinner at night. We're always full and happy (especially when we see the pricing on the menus). Tip tho.... If you use your quick service around 12 or 1 try to book a later dinner. Our first year we made the mistake of eating lunch at 1 and making 5:30 dinner reservations...BIG MISTAKE since they give you so much food we were always stuffed and struggled with dinner. After lots of experience we now only make dinners around 630-7ish.

BigTxEars

"hard boiled egg for morning protein"

"will only slow you down in the morning"

Sounds like you are training for the "Take The Park!" event. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom