Smoking @ UO

NiCKEY NoUSE

Original Poster
Is it just me or do any others think that the smoking at Universal is really suffocating!?!?! :hurl: Usually I don't mind it too much but lately it's gotten outta hand. Do they actually allow people to smoke wherever they want? I mean, I know that u can't control every1 but come on, Universal!!! Can't they AT LEAST designate some smoking areas? what does everyone else think about this?

Rocknrollergrl

Personally, I am not a big fan of smoking. I think that designated areas would help, for those that need to have a smoke. For those who can't take it, they won't have to deal with it all over the place.
Kara

woofboy111

at least they don't let people smoke while waiting on line (outdoor and indoors). Smoking is getting to be a problem. A few weeks ago at a mardi gras concert, so many people were smoking around me I started to get sick:hurl:! (and those crouds are very had to get through.). Hopefully, Universal will follow disney and set designated smoking areas.

MrPromey

Originally posted by woofboy111
at least they don't let people smoke while waiting on line (outdoor and indoors). Smoking is getting to be a problem. A few weeks ago at a mardi gras concert, so many people were smoking around me I started to get sick:hurl:! (and those crouds are very had to get through.). Hopefully, Universal will follow disney and set designated smoking areas.

Anyone who’s read my posts knows I’m no big fan of smoking. If I had my way it would be banned from the parks since many guests ignore the whole designated thing… Actually, if I had my way, it would be against the law like other highly addictive drugs that kill people are but this isn’t the world according to MrPromey that we are living in (thank God, right? ;) ) I think Universal should at least do the designated areas. It’s becoming more and more of a socially unacceptable habit. It actually surprises me a lot that they haven’t come up with smoking areas already.

cymbaldiva

IMHO, the only reason they let people smoke everywhere is because at WDW you can smoke pratically nowhere. I do smoke, and was always a very polite smoker, but there are many who aren't. That is why I feel it is so unfortunate that everyone (who smokes, anyway) has to be punished because some are so terribly inconsiderate. Sorry if I trailed off the point - my point was, Universal is competing with Disney, and at WDW there is pretty much no smoking. Guess they're trying to court the smokers...ya think? :veryconfu

GalacticGobbler

I think smokers should be given a choice.

1. smoke in the designated area

2. they can smoke wherever they want, but they have to eat the butt when they finish

Just a thought, obviously i am a non smoker

cymbaldiva

Good Thought! I am a smoker and I can live with those choices! It was always those smokers who smoked wherever they felt like no matter what the signs said that bugged the crap out of me!

Just to let you know that 650,000 Floridians have signed petitions to put a smoke free for heath bill on the November ballot. To protect people from the heath hazards of second hand tobacco smoke. the Bill will prohibit tobacco smoking in enclosed indoor workplaces. I'm pretty sure it has been accepted and should go to the voters this year.

RogueHabit

Originally posted by JerrySchauer
Just to let you know that 650,000 Floridians have signed petitions to put a smoke free for heath bill on the November ballot. To protect people from the heath hazards of second hand tobacco smoke. the Bill will prohibit tobacco smoking in enclosed indoor workplaces. I'm pretty sure it has been accepted and should go to the voters this year.
And we all knnow how good Florida residents are with Ballot papers.......:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom