Small DHS update 2.28.15

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Rained ALL day today and I'm a soggy wet noodle as I type this but just a few quick observations:

image.jpg

The Chinese theater looks much larger than I remember but is just so perfect as you enter. Love it!!

Star Tours was great, no issues that I noticed what so ever. Even the smoke effect on the star speeder that r2-d2 is in as you enter the queue was working.

Aerosmith was also in great condition. No audio issues or anything.

Tower of terror was just as good. No issues with lighting or audio in the tv room. Also no issues with any of the effects or audio on the ride itself.

Toy story mania had a posted wait of 95 minutes and our actual wait was 36 minutes. No issues with the games having to stall to sync up or anything and mr potato head was working fine. He also wasn't being very repetitive which was a nice change.

Lastly, the great movie ride was wonderful. Best ride I've had on it in a long time! They were using both vehicles and both scenes ( gangster/cowboy ) even though The park wasn't busy due to rain. It seems this helps with the timing a little of the effects of certain scenes. Gangster car was working and the audio sounded great in the cars. Only thing was the gangster cast members mic they wear was cutting in and out a little.

And just as a side note, even though it was raining all day the cast members were doing a great job being friendly and trying to keep spirits positive in a crummy, rainy situation. Joking about the rain that they were also out in, and I saw them also cleaning up puddles and overall just trying to keep guests safe. Telling people to watch their step.

Very good experience today, besides the rain.

Last edited:

BrerJon

Rained ALL day today and I'm a soggy wet noodle as I type this but just a few quick observations:

View attachment 84781

The Chinese theater looks much larger than I remember but is just so perfect as you enter. Love it!!

Thanks for the update, glad to hear things are all working well, makes a nice change! And even with the rain, that view looks great! I still can't quite believe my eyes though, it feels like a dream to have that view back.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

View attachment 84781

Star Tours was great, no issues that I noticed what so ever. Even the smoke effect on the star speeder that r2-d2 is in as you enter the queue was working.

Tower of terror was just as good. No issues with lighting or audio in the tv room. Also no issues with any of the effects or audio on the ride itself.

Toy story mania had a posted wait of 95 minutes and our actual wait was 36 minutes. No issues with the games having to stall to sync up or anything and mr potato head was working fine. He also wasn't being very repetitive which was a nice change.

Lastly, the great movie ride was wonderful. Best ride I've had on it in a long time! They were using both vehicles and both scenes ( gangster/cowboy ) even though it was slow. It seems this helps with the timing a little of the effects of certain scenes. Gangster car was working and the audio sounded great in the cars. Only thing was the gangster cast members mic they wear was cutting in and out a little.

And just as a side note, even though it was raining all day the cast members were doing a great job being friendly and trying to keep spirits positive in a crummy, rainy situation. Joking about the rain that they were also out in, and I saw them also cleaning up puddles and overall just trying to keep guests safe. Telling people to watch their step.

Awesome - great to hear! I love seeing the Chinese Theater as the weenie once again!

NYwdwfan

View attachment 84781

Lastly, the great movie ride was wonderful. Best ride I've had on it in a long time! They were using both vehicles and both scenes ( gangster/cowboy ) even though it was slow. It seems this helps with the timing a little of the effects of certain scenes. Gangster car was working and the audio sounded great in the cars. Only thing was the gangster cast members mic they wear was cutting in and out a little.

Any progress on the exterior of Soundstage 1?

VIPguide_2030

Great to hear positive once in a while even though there are a lot of gaps that needs fixing. To me this park has so much potential it isn't even funny. Even with everything that is closed you can still make a decent relaxing day out of this park. Star Wars Land and a couple more Pixar type rides for kids/adults would put this park over the top for me. Oh yeah, bring the Indiana Jones ride here as well! Can you imagine this and then a little TLC for EPCOT what that would do to disperse crowds out a little better around WDW?

The next 5 years will determine a lot in my opinion but there shouldn't be any reason they can't accomplish this in 2-3 years and give the people what they want!

RSoxNo1

View attachment 84781

Lastly, the great movie ride was wonderful. Best ride I've had on it in a long time! They were using both vehicles and both scenes ( gangster/cowboy ) even though The park wasn't busy due to rain. It seems this helps with the timing a little of the effects of certain scenes. Gangster car was working and the audio sounded great in the cars. Only thing was the gangster cast members mic they wear was cutting in and out a little.

When you were done with the 5 rides did you have lunch?

Fantasmicguy

I would love more rides at DHS but I do love that I have the ability to re-ride rides and take my sweet time to get to places. For example, we can stop at the Indiana Jones Marketplace and try to pull that guy out the pit. So while we wait for more rides to come, it is still fun to go to DHS.
Edit: I was on my phone earlier and I'm still am so more of that may be coming soon.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom