Skyway : Do You Miss It ?

Goofyernmost

I miss it...I always liked it when you first left the station and started going up and the down and back up turn at the Speedway. Was nice because it was open, but I'm interested to see how it compares to the new ones coming that are enclosed.

Also interested how the new one will compare if when you leave the station, will it rock back and forth a bit before it gets going like how it did on the Skyway. I haven't been in any modern gondolas so I don't know how modern ones compare.
I'm more interest in whether or not the new ones are Air Conditioned. Without it they will be empty most of the year in Florida.

zengoth

The one at busch gardens tampa goes higher and covers way more distance. I always thought the disney skyway shouldve been expanded to have stops in frontierland and end in adventureland but folks wouldve balked at the lack of theme immersion.

I also thought folks would be going thru the parks on personal segways but in hindsight it is probably good that we don't.

Goofyernmost

We rode it and really enjoyed the view. Don't think it will ever return.
I think that is a good bet. If nothing else the risk of injury of people 1. falling out of the gondola is very high and 2. people getting hit below from things dropped down from above. Not likely to ever be seen again.

Simba's Mom

I loved it. I remember my last ride on it (although I didn't know at the time that this would be my last ride). It malfunctioned and stopped, but the weather was beautiful, so I just put my feet up (I was solo) and enjoyed the scenery and weather. Meanwhile, some annoying CM, who I'm sure was trying to help-he had good intentions-kept running over just below me and shouting up "Don't worry Ma'am, we'll get you down in a just a few minutes". When the ride did start up again in about 10-15 minutes, I was actually disappointed because it was so nice up there.

FettFan

Not particularly. There's not much I remember about it other than taking some nice aerial pictures of the pink castle cake and the alpine lodge loading station in Fantasyland.

Phonedave

Giant and steaming, yes. Empty -- no.

Exactly - given a choice between taking a non air conditioned gondola, or waiting in a non air conditioned bus queue for who knows how long to jam onto a bus that may have marginal air conditioning - I'll take the gondola.

Guests have been out in the weather all day at a park, are they really going to refuse a ride because it is not air conditioned.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom