Skyway : Do You Miss It ?

Dragonman

Original Poster
Do you guys miss the Skyway ? Sure it showed the ugly show buildings but I'm sure it was fun to have a ride in the sky. It closed before I was born so I was never able to ride it but it looked like fun.
The tangled restrooms that replaced it do look pretty nice but I wish they could've reused the building in some way.

7088888_orig.jpg

wdw_fantasyland_skyway.jpg

Fantasyland_Full_18401.jpg

Disney4family

I only rode it as a kid. It was fun. It was also convenient since it did help you get to Tomorrowland without having get to a train station.
Unfortunately, with the amount of people in the park today, the restrooms & the extra path to HM are needed additions. I also feel like TDO would like to keep us on the ground - walking by all the gift shops, snacks, counter-service locations, etc.

rob0519

It was a nice break for a few minutes to be above the crowd and get a different perspective. It's been long enough where I guess I no longer miss it though. I'm not sure how well it would have handled the increased crowd level since it was removed.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It was fun, but it kind of destroyed the show, being able to see the tops of the buildings... and people being people, it became a huge insurance liability.

JillC LI

I remember going on it for the first time as a little girl. My mother had convinced my dad - who is afraid of heights - that it wouldn't be that bad. He spent the entire ride laying on the floor on his back, yelling at everyone not to move so the car wouldn't swing, and wishing he was anywhere else but there! LOL.

Jo DeVil

We rode it on our first trip back in 98, someone had left a drink on the floor I didn't see it till it was too late! I kicked it over and slowly dripped the contents from up on high on anyone we passed over.

Jedi Stitch

I miss it. Only rode the DLR one, but it was a nice break going to and from FL/TL. They should build more inter park transportation and park to park. I can understand that the gondolas going into FL probably taken away the magic. It would be fun and cool to add more monorail and gondola inter park transportation. Bring the autos like the ones in DLR to MK main street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom