Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

Mike S

Original Poster
I give you, KONG!!! THE EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Taken today by yours truly.

It's absolutely huge, almost as tall as Dudley.

TalkingHead

I give you, KONG!!! THE EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!
View attachment 75131 View attachment 75132 View attachment 75133 View attachment 75134 View attachment 75135
Taken today by yours truly.

It's absolutely huge, almost as tall as Dudley.

Great pics. The building looks massive in person.

Recent story on Kong with more evidence of an AA:
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201411/4307/

Incidentally, Theme Park Insider has a track record of getting Universal info correct, so I'd suspect this is straight from the source.

JoeCamel

The word on the street is 2016. Completing the building is one thing, it is just a shell but building the ride inside takes time. Just like building a house, about 1/3 is getting it weather tight then you have to finish the rest inside that shell. You know they want to catch the summer season so look for June or July with softs before then.

JediMasterMatt

It's amazing that elsewhere on the forum you can read construction threads (Pandora, Hub, etc.) that go on and on for pages and every time you look... there is hardly any tangible progress from one update to the next.

Yet, just down the road on I-4 each visual update shows significant change.

Sesame Street would sing, "One of these things is not like the other..."

I was at IoA three weeks ago and I bet if I boarded a plane today, I would still be amazed by how much has been completed since the last time I saw it.

Mike S

Original Poster
Got another pic from Orlando United.
image.jpg

I can't wait for the official announcement and concept art.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's amazing that elsewhere on the forum you can read construction threads (Pandora, Hub, etc.) that go on and on for pages and every time you look... there is hardly any tangible progress from one update to the next.

Yet, just down the road on I-4 each visual update shows significant change.

Sesame Street would sing, "One of these things is not like the other..."

I was at IoA three weeks ago and I bet if I boarded a plane today, I would still be amazed by how much has been completed since the last time I saw it.
Disney a Springs is going at a fast pace, but the rest - as you say.

JediMasterMatt

Disney a Springs is going at a fast pace, but the rest - as you say.

I think the reason why things like Disney Springs or the DVC expansion flavor of the week get developed faster at WDW than anything that is on "stage" is that the stage items aren't revenue generating in the eyes of TDO.

You could argue that something like Pandora could be revenue generating; but, "could be" is the part I think they focus on. With expansion there could be increased attendance/higher profits/increased guest satisfaction;but, they only known fact is that expansion inside the parks costs more money than not doing it at all.

With a significant chunk of Disney Springs offline, they are losing money so it gets the budget to move faster than anything that doesn't add immediately to the bottom line. Items that are deemed necessary can still move fast at WDW as evidenced by the new bus parking lot and ferry docks at MK.

At least Comcast still gets the "if you build it they will come" approach that use to work for Disney Parks. Current philosophy at WDW is "we built it and they keep coming anyway, so let's see how little we can get away with doing".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom