Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

lebeau

It will be my first experience like this. I've never done any kind of haunted house in my life but that won't get in the way between me and Kong!!!

We don't do haunted attractions very often. During the last one, my wife got so panicked that she couldn't find the door. Eventually the monster that was caring her just pointed to it so we could move on. Later, she heard a chainsaw and ran for the exit. We never saw the guy wielding it.

Pretty sure neither she nor the kids will ride this one. The kids may change their minds when they are older. But I'll give it a try. Looks cool.

Disneyhead'71

This looks like a textbook Disney dark ride.

Elaborate themeing- Check
Practice Sets- Check
Impressive AAs- Check
Interactive Queue- Check
Low Height Restriction- Check

And yet, it will be the most "Universal" attraction ever. Remember, their fab five looks like
universalmonsters2.jpg

brb1006

We don't do haunted attractions very often. During the last one, my wife got so panicked that she couldn't find the door. Eventually the monster that was caring her just pointed to it so we could move on. Later, she heard a chainsaw and ran for the exit. We never saw the guy wielding it.

Pretty sure neither she nor the kids will ride this one. The kids may change their minds when they are older. But I'll give it a try. Looks cool.
I wonder if there might be a warning for parents not to bring children to this attraction due to its scare factor?

AEfx

Here is a spoiler filled article from USAToday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...312242/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

There are gonna be a lot of traumatized little princesses and angry Disney Moms.

Actually reading that is what brought me to the thread again. There was quite an infodump for a 10-picture "essay". This looks to be even more epic than I thought. There are a couple things in there I don't think Disney would ever dare do. This is probably as excited as I have been for a ride since Everest (and something tells me, unless Kong goes Disco*, I'll be much less disappointed this time, haha).

*OK, how cool would it be for HHN to really light Kong with Disco lights and snow as an "homage" to the Yeti....haha

JoeCamel

Is there any chance there would a less intense, alternate queue for chickens like me who just want to ride the ride? I know not experiencing the whole queue would take away from the whole experience, but I am not one for those kinds of scares.

If the queue scares you the ride should give you apoplexy. Probably should sit this one out if you won't do the queue.

RobotWolf

So they'll have actors in the queue? I wonder if that won't become a staffing issue, long term. Especially if the roles can only be done by actors with a specific look.

The "Witch Doctor" looks like there's a huge switchback in front of him. I guess he's the new Botanicus?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom