Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

HouseHacker97

Just saying, the most thrill I've ever felt on that kind of vehicle is when you're sitting in the back of a school bus and the driver hits a bump. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, and I'm sure the ride will be my favorite, but I'm just wondering why Universal didn't pick a vehicle more capable. I wonder if the bus will be able to speed up a little or drop some without you hitting your head on the seat in front of you or sliding around onto other riders, given that you'll basically be just lined up on a bench. I thought the ride might be more exciting if it was a bit more jerky and fast-paced. Just my thoughts, I'm not trying to undercut the ride (and of course I could be completely wrong), but I'm just curious if anyone else has wondered the same. maxresdefault.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 9.07.47 PM.png

I was at UNI last November, and I got to experience first hand how amazing this all looks. It's breath-taking, even when I saw it in it's incomplete state. I don't remember all the details, but it's amazing how much better UNI has gotten with their rides.

And they build these things so quickly too. You'd think a certain mouse would take a little bit more attention to the woodpecker's achievements.

RobUK

Any kinda idea what the queueing for this will be? I.e. inside or outside, if efforts put in to make it part of the experience, etc.I assume it will, but just interested in any details.

Timekeeper

I read through some of the recent comments criticizing the ride vehicle style, and I also had some initial concerns (mainly with respect to view and rider perspective), but then I realized that I have NEVER overheard anyone complaining about their ride/view experiences on similar vehicle-style attractions (wide benches with opaque roofs) like Catasrophe Canyon, Earthquake, Jaws, or heck - even the original Kongfrontation. My experiences on those beloved attractions were fine, as I'm sure it will be with the new Kong.

HouseHacker97

Here is a spoiler filled article from USAToday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...312242/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

There are gonna be a lot of traumatized little princesses and angry Disney Moms.

They were testing it yesterday when I went and I saw a youtube video that showed a bus full of people that didn't really appear to be engineers which made me think it could be staff members.Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 3.28.12 PM.png
With all the new press and everything I hope it softs soon :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom