Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

Timekeeper

For those interested, King Kong (2005) is currently playing on NBC, with the ride featured during commercials.

How ironic that, immediately following the airing of the movie, the local NBC news program aired a story about a 3 year old child who fell into the gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo, which resulted in the gorilla being shot and killed (although the child was essentially unharmed, despite being "dragged" at one point). So sad.

imperius

How ironic that, immediately following the airing of the movie, the local NBC news program aired a story about a 3 year old child who fell into the gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo, which resulted in the gorilla being shot and killed (although the child was essentially unharmed, despite being "dragged" at one point). So sad.
Yep. A highly endangered gorilla died due to bad parenting.

HouseHacker97

lol super off-topic and probably already addressed but why are the ride vehicles these large buses that have a cover over them? It seems like it might make the ride a little less thrilling and a little more like an impersonal, crowded, slow-paced Kilimanjaro Safari. The speed we have seen it in test videos is probably the speed it stays during the entire ride, which would mean it's not going to be a very breathe-taking 'ride'. Also, how will everyone get a chance to see the 3-story AA if the vehicle is covered on top? People will only get the chance to see it on the side they are seated in, other heads may be blocking the view, and they can't look up because of the opaque roof. Obv i'll still love the ride but just feel like it would have been better with a 4-8 person car like Dinosaur or Indiana Jones that you have to pull the bar down on your lap because of drops or quick turns. A smaller, more agile vehicle would also give every rider the opportunity to see the huge AA head-on without any issue. I don't think a 70 person bus will allow for that kind of movement (or excitement in my opinion). Anyone else feel the same?

imperius

lol super off-topic and probably already addressed but why are the ride vehicles these large buses that have a cover over them? It seems like it might make the ride a little less thrilling and a little more like an impersonal, crowded, slow-paced Kilimanjaro Safari. The speed we have seen it in test videos is probably the speed it stays during the entire ride, which would mean it's not going to be a very breathe-taking 'ride'. Also, how will everyone get a chance to see the 3-story AA if the vehicle is covered on top? People will only get the chance to see it on the side they are seated in, other heads may be blocking the view, and they can't look up because of the opaque roof. Obv i'll still love the ride but just feel like it would have been better with a 4-8 person car like Dinosaur or Indiana Jones that you have to pull the bar down on your lap because of drops or quick turns. A smaller, more agile vehicle would also give every rider the opportunity to see the huge AA head-on without any issue. I don't think a 70 person bus will allow for that kind of movement (or excitement in my opinion). Anyone else feel the same?
No not really. A 4 person vehicle would be impossible for this ride design. It's meant to stay in certain areas for a little bit at a time so smaller vehicles would destroy the amount of people riding at a time. The waits would be 2-3 hours plus.

HouseHacker97

No not really. A 4 person vehicle would be impossible for this ride design. It's meant to stay in certain areas for a little bit at a time so smaller vehicles would destroy the amount of people riding at a time. The waits would be 2-3 hours plus.

I understand, i just wish that Universal had created a ride that would have accommodated a more thrilling experience like Dinosaur or Indie. I also have concerns that not everyone will get a good view with heads in the way and the bus cover blocking the line of sight to see the AA

imperius

I understand, i just wish that Universal had created a ride that would have accommodated a more thrilling experience like Dinosaur or Indie. I also have concerns that not everyone will get a good view with heads in the way and the bus cover blocking the line of sight to see the AA
We shall see, but this ride will still be thrilling IMO. It doesn't have to be a ride system like dinosaur to be thrilling.

Mike S

Original Poster
Someone on OU said they rode the ride and didn't have a problem seeing everything. They got on because they knew someone. The posts are gone now because someone had to get really personal and ruin it for everyone.

Mike S

Original Poster
Is anyone else seeing a bunch of hockey mixed into this? And that media definitely looks rough, especially the image captured for the video preview.
It's an NHL promo and people have said that kind of video always looks kind of bad because it's meant for 3D viewing and the FPS are basically cut in half when put on YouTube like that.

danpam1024

How can you say it's not going to be thrilling? IT HASN'T EVEN OPENED YET!!!!:confused::banghead::p

lazyboy97o

It's an NHL promo and people have said that kind of video always looks kind of bad because it's meant for 3D viewing and the FPS are basically cut in half when put on YouTube like that.
There is nothing unusual about specifically creating promotional materials. For such a big attraction lousy imagery just doesn't present well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom