Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

JoeCamel

Maybe a sign to mark the place of no return? I think they will have some other fastener but probably it is temporary and will be changed. Love the speculation while we watch what they build.

HouseHacker97

Which gate? The large doors or the Kong head you walk through to get into the ride or the JP gate they took out when they started construction?

the large doors pictured here

Attachments

• CZwt4nmWIAA0zuh.jpg
    CZwt4nmWIAA0zuh.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 42

JT3000

June 12 would suck for any opening day. The world's attention will be on Shanghai Disney Resort.

If by "the world" you mean the theme park "lifestylers" who post on forums such as this. The average non-Asian person who vacations at the domestic (US) parks probably has no idea there's a new Disney park in China, and they certainly aren't counting down the days to it opening with anticipation.

lazyboy97o

If by "the world" you mean the theme park "lifestylers" who post on forums such as this. The average non-Asian person who vacations at the domestic (US) parks probably has no idea there's a new Disney park in China, and they certainly aren't counting down the days to it opening with anticipation.
People planning vacations has nothing to do with being a news worthy event.

JT3000

People planning vacations has nothing to do with being a news worthy event.

That's exactly my point -- a Chinese theme park won't make the American news. Neither will this really. It's no Harry Potter. But they will want it open ASAP, regardless of what's going on elsewhere in the world.

JT3000

Shanghai Disney Resort is the culmination of 20 years of work by one of the world's largest media companies. They will make it news.

Only because they own ABC. But let me put it this way... Just because something literally pops up on the news or gets advertised, that doesn't make it a story that people actually care about. It isn't "news."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom