Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

Bairstow

EXPAND KONG.
tumblr_n92d2vH37D1s2fx44o1_500.png

BrerJon

Jurassic World was on my Dairy Queen cup today.View attachment 97802 Looked like universal.

I had a Jurassic Smash Blizzard there the other day, was extremely delicious, and several other people ordered them when I was there.

For some reason people really dig the Jurassic World theming, even in their fast food. Universal are masters of themed dining and exclusive merchandise, I could see them giving the JP island an overhaul and bringing in lots of new cool things like this for us to spend dollars on to get our dino-fix.

BrerJon

You sneakily dropped that link in there, Mike! That's an amazing interview, this attraction sounds so good. And interesting that they confirmed it's not directly connected to the movie - I was so sure the same teams would have been working on both projects.

The answer to the question 'why does Uni build so fast' sounded almost like he was saying 'actually I think we should pick-up the pace a bit!'.

JoeCamel

Interesting place to put a printed scrim. Maybe covering a hole you might see something huge through?

Last edited:

JoeCamel

My thought was that it is the beginning of a mural that will cover that entire back piece.

I thought it might be the model for what is to come back there like they have the small 3D one for the gate. Helps everyone get on board with the same idea and vision.

I would rather think it is covering the hole the duct work runs through and if it were just removed you would be staring into the eye of the big guy himself

JT3000

My thought was that it is the beginning of a mural that will cover that entire back piece.

I would certainly hope not. Looks pretty amateurish. Obviously you won't be seeing it up close, but whatever goes up there needs to be of higher quality than that to be convincing.

JoeCamel

Back in the day they would project something like that and artists would fill it in like paint by numbers. Does not look good up close but from a distance it looks pretty good. That is how they did the large billboards, today I would think they would print the image and use a wrap if that were to be the background. I'm pretty sure there is a lot more work to be done along that back wall.

If it were the background for set pieces in front making a jungle that could work pretty well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom