Even more today from awhen.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Mike S

Original Poster
Cripes, this thing just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

At what point do we start having a conversation about this compared to the Cadillac Mountains?
The London facade would be a better comparison. Cadillac Range and the desert area around it is just too huge, I don't think Kong will get close to that.

JT3000

It's easy making rock work look impressive if you build it large enough. Having just been to DLR for the first time, I think Carsland honestly looks better in photos than it does in person. It has some nice set pieces for sure, but it felt a lot less immersive on the whole than WWOHP does, and the quality was less balanced. The farther you get from the main ride and its rocky backdrop, the more that's left to be desired. It's the difference between "Wow, I'm surrounded by impressive stuff," and "There's a really impressive thing over there."

It's nicer at night though.

Kong probably won't suffer a similar fate, as it's more of a solitary ride that will have its own "land" just as a technicality... from what I understand.

Last edited:

celluloid

People are much lighter than shipping containers. Also the top speed of the ride will be comparable to other rides that are family friendly thrills. Killimanjaro Safari, Disaster/Earthquake, Spiderman, Jaws and Kongfrontation. Screens, darkness, physical elements and tight corners will all create thrill.

danpam1024

Silly question- is the JP area going to be re-named to something more inclusive of Kong? or even just to Jurassic World? The movie is fantastic!

AliciaStella

No, Skull Island will be its own island and Jurassic Park will remain its own island.

When the park opened they did a good job of making each land actually feel like islands by separating them by water, but when Hogsmeade split Lost Continent into two lands the water separation feature kind of went away. Skull Island transitioning into Jurassic Park as you walk from one to another without crossing water will be the same as going from Lost Continent to Hogsmeade.

Whether Jurassic Park is renamed to Jurassic World remains to be seen, although I doubt that. I do think we will eventually see a Gyrosphere ride though... but I don't imagine the name of the island changing overall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom