Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

Mike S

Original Poster
The Amity Lobster Signage painted on the side of Disaster's Station Building is not so much a tribute as they did not need to replace it but I suppose it kind of works for both. It is there because the park was carefully designed to transition as best they could between lands. San Francisco would turn into Amity quickly with the Wharf theme becoming New England Fishing Town.

If Nintendo does go into KidZone it would really have to almost include Animal Actors and such as the area is not very big land wise to put many attractions even with Barney and Curious George/Fivel combined.
Good thing @WDW1974 confirmed Nintendo will be taking over more than just KidZone. My guess is that they'll also be using some land behind Simpsons. Maybe even a little into the MIB plot, who knows ;)
image.jpg

Will answer out of order since you are awake and here!

Nintendo will have a significant presence at UNI-FL. This land will not be simply in the footprint of Kidzone. Larger.
I've already mentioned Beijing. I'd expect you'll see something pop up in Hollywood soon too (that's just an assumption based on something I was told). It goes without saying that Japan will see stuff as a result too.

celluloid

Nice. That will be interesting. But he also does not specify what in the park but just presence. If Uni does a waterpark we could see Mario themed water slides etc... since the resort would have the rights. It would be rough to have the area pictured used(never impossible) because that is the majority of the park's pyro bunkers for fireworks and the like. They have also just built another area back there (presumably for more HHN Haunts)

Mike S

Original Poster
Nice. That will be interesting. But he also does not specify what in the park but just presence. If Uni does a waterpark we could see Mario themed water slides etc... since the resort would have the rights. It would be rough to have the area pictured used(never impossible) because that is the majority of the park's pyro bunkers for fireworks and the like. They have also just built another area back there (presumably for more HHN Haunts)
Well I took "UNI-FL" to specifically mean Universal Studios Florida. While it certainly can happen I don't expect Nintendo to appear in the water park, just whatever this land is in USF.

AliciaStella

You really don't notice the Kong building until you're halfway across the bridge leaving Toon Lagoon, same as if you saw the Jurassic Park arch while walking on the same bridge before. It's normal to see the next land as leaving the previous. It's certainly not noticeable until you're already leaving the previous land, regardless of which direction you're coming from.

Oriolesmagic

The latest concept art looks incredibly Mordor-esque. (Apparently, driving into Mordor is much less of an impossibility than walking in) This make me want a LotR park just that much more.

It looks positively haunting and amazing. Universal is killing it again.

Mike S

Original Poster
Doesn't really matter, you can get a lot stuff in a small space if you want and vice versa.

Have to say Universal is keeping up the building binge, Hotel under construction, water park, Kong well under way and looks like a Nintendo rebuild is coming up soon. Looks like the money end is coming through, wondering where this all will end up???
All you have to do is go to Disneyland's Fantasyland to see how much can fit into a small space.

For Uni's future don't forget the F&F replacement of Disaster or the MSHI redo/expansion rumors :)

ssidiouss@mac.c

Is Nintendo going to just be a re-theme of Kidzone or a total redo like Potter? I hope its not just kiddie rides where you ride a yoshi instead of a carousel horse or whatever.. what a waste that would be.

GLaDOS

Is Nintendo going to just be a re-theme of Kidzone or a total redo like Potter? I hope its not just kiddie rides where you ride a yoshi instead of a carousel horse or whatever.. what a waste that would be.

Total knockdown/rebuild.

I seriously doubt Nintendo would have been blown away, as they say they were, with a simple retheme of a few playgrounds.

Mike S

Original Poster
Insiders have said this will be more family than kiddie. Someone trusted on Orlando United said this will be more Fantasyland than Toy Story Playland.

Parks tend to use steel blast storage units instead of bunkers for pyro now. This is not an issue.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Good thing @WDW1974 confirmed Nintendo will be taking over more than just KidZone. My guess is that they'll also be using some land behind Simpsons. Maybe even a little into the MIB plot, who knows ;)
View attachment 93364

What is that land back there highlighted in red.. it looks like a bunch of trucks? Do you think it could be used for Nintendo land? The kid zone area itself looks kind of small.. i haven't been back in there. Is the plan to bulldoze all the old kidzone stuff or use some as a retheme?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom