Skateboarding in Disney?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Some kid was going on how he was skateboarding in the Disney Parks and universal. He said he was able to do some cool tricks with the obsticals but he conviniently lost all video. I asked him how he got away with it, he said after 2 hours he got yelled at. Noone believed him but just to confirm it, would he last a second in the parks riding a skateboard? I imagine he couldnt even sneak the Skateboard over the gate or get past security.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Some kid was going on how he was skateboarding in the Disney Parks and universal. He said he was able to do some cool tricks with the obsticals but he conviniently lost all video. Noone believed him but just to confirm it, would he last a second in the parks riding a skateboard?

No.
Prohibited items:
  • Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Weapons of any kind
  • Folding chairs
  • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
  • Pets (unless they are service animals)
  • In Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Perhaps after hours or during the slow season. I have seen a single person at Downtown Disney with a skateboard in their hand, but I couldn't imagine why.

CaptainJackNO

Skateboarding!!?
Get a rope!!

I would imagine this kid is full of garden fertilizer. I guarantee he would not have gotten far. Has anyone noticed the way people complain about strollers and ECVs? What do you think would happen if some punk broke out a skateboard?

I'll give you one BIG reason why this did not happen in the theme parks....Security bag checks. You can't get smaller items in. No way a security guard would have missed that. It's baba stinky.

Bravo 229

Some kid was going on how he was skateboarding in the Disney Parks and universal. He said he was able to do some cool tricks with the obsticals but he conviniently lost all video. I asked him how he got away with it, he said after 2 hours he got yelled at. Noone believed him but just to confirm it, would he last a second in the parks riding a skateboard? I imagine he couldnt even sneak the Skateboard over the gate or get past security.

Was he skating around while 'The Power of Love' was playing over the loud speakers? :drevil:

I've seen several kids sliding around with the Heelys (I believe thats what they're called), and one kid almost ran into me last time I was in the parks. That's probably the only thing with wheels you could bring into the parks that wouldn't be detectable.

rkelly42

Maybe he was skateboarding at DTD, but besides that or the Boardwalk there is now way he entered the parks with his board.

GeneralKnowledge

I tried cruising around the crescent lake area around the boardwalk on my longboard skateboard when I was in college. I made it less than 5 minutes before a Disney security van appeared out of nowhere and informed me that skateboarding wasn't allowed anywhere on property. I respectfully put my board away. There's no way a kid got a board into a park and if so rode it more than 6 inches, let alone do tricks and scuff up the scenery.

sublimesting

No way that would happen and I'll give you a real good reason why: LAWSUIT!

Disney would stop that immediately before someone got hit and sued everybody or more than likely the skate punk fell off his own board and sued Disney....and won!

sweetpee_1993

Perhaps after hours or during the slow season. I have seen a single person at Downtown Disney with a skateboard in their hand, but I couldn't imagine why.

I think I recall seeing skateboard decks and other parts downstairs at Sammy Duval's Curl shop at DtD. That being a surf & skate shop, I could see them selling the stuff. Using it would be another story.

To the OP, I concur with the rest here. Your friend is telling some tall tales. There's no way he'd get more than 2 kicks in and it'd be game-over....if he was able to get a board into a park to begin with. :wave:

Malvito

If said kid was smoking something large enough to blow that much smoke up anyone's posterior, he would not be, realistically, in good anough health to be doing the skateboard stunts of which he was so boastful.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Was he skating around while 'The Power of Love' was playing over the loud speakers? :drevil:
I've seen several kids sliding around with the Heelys (I believe thats what they're called), and one kid almost ran into me last time I was in the parks. That's probably the only thing with wheels you could bring into the parks that wouldn't be detectable.

No... acording to him that music comes from the sky, the smoke from his bong is colorful, god appears in the smoke at times.

BS flag on that. Ole boy is just trying to sound "bad."

And these posts are helping me prove it LOL.

If said kid was smoking something large enough to blow that much smoke up anyone's posterior, he would not be, realistically, in good anough health to be doing the skateboard stunts of which he was so boastful.

Hes good when hes dry but when hes on his whatever he is all over the place. Back in High school I have seen him skate in to 2 cars, a bus and a UPS truck, the best part was when he fell into the truck. After that he got out and said, "how do you like that ladies" LOL. I can go on all day but I think I have said enough. I think I posted this, on the senior trip he fell out of Splash Mountain and lost his phone and he asked guest relations to replace it.

Theosus

No.
Prohibited items:
  • Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller

wow.... Glad to see the no skateboard rule. I didn't know the heely shoes still existed until i saw a kid rolling downhill near splash mountain. The nineties called, they want their fad back, doofus.

Seeing the heely shoes made me think of the scene in the Adam sandler movie where he would throw sticks in front of rollerbladers (the one where he thinks he has a kid).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom