size?

djronnieb

Original Poster
hi I wondering if anyone could get a satalite pic of seaworld and "draw" on it what different areas of the parks are and what land they have to expand onto and what land they own.

Robfasto

I will have a satellite view of the park for you later this evening... Although I can't label anything as I don't know what the items are. You can see though that the park is a lot like Disney-MGM Studios being boxed on by roads...

Zed

Robfasto, If you get the pic I'll be more than happy to pm or chat with you to tell you where stuff is so you can label it, since I live not too far from SW and know most of the area pretty well.

Sea World had/has a cool aerial photo of SW, the other remaining AB property in Orlando, and the surrounding area(very detailed) in one of the back office areas inside the park. I happened upon it when I worked there. I liked to look at it since I'm always interested in that kind of stuff. Another hidden gem (atleast to a theme park dork like me) was this room that had a cool picture timeline of various shows, areas, and expansions since the park had opened to the present time, on the walls.

Zed

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.410677,-81.462153&spn=0.009087,0.013025&t=k&hl=en

BTW the satellite photo is a few yrs old, as the bridge in the pic across the lake was removed, and a new bridge and route were built for the Waterfront/Mistify additions to the park.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...Orlando&state=FL&zipcode=32821&searchtab=home

Click on North 2 times and it should go to near Sea World, then click on zoom in once, then click once on east, and it'll have the street names I'll be using if you're not familiar with the area.

If I could label them for you I would.

As for SW it doesn't look like there's alot of room to expand the park, a couple of smaller areas here and there. DC looks not to have a lot of room to expand either. They own a bit of land just west of DC at the intersection of Sea Harbor Drive, and Central Florida Parkway(it's currently for sale, AB realty signs on it).

They own a little bit of land in between the Rennisance hotel and the Harcourt Publishing parking garage(across the street from SW). This site was once home to Florida Festival, a kinda cool place that was a big tent like structure crossed with some permanent structure, the tent part is long gone, the permanent parts are still there and used for various things for SW. The parking lot from Florida Festival is used as an employee parking lot for SW employees, and maybe even overflow for guest parking too during peak seasons.

They own a little bit of land off of Westwood Blvd(back behind the Rennisance hotel) , and in between I-4 off of Acedemic Drive where the old Stars Hall of Fame Wax Museum, and then later on, Places of Learning were located(the building/s are still there)it also sits next to Monterey Lake/s apartments.

I think they own the land in between I-4 and Westwood Blvd. where the Sea World sign near I-4 is at(right next to a few of Marriott's time shares are.

I think they do (or one time did) own the land directly behind SW across I-Drive before you get to Williamsburg, (some of it is owned by a power company, or the State of Florida I would assume due those huge power lines running through it) where Sea Harbor Drive ends into I-Drive, there's a gate and I used to always see Sea World security vehicles on that property.

They used to own a lot of different land along I-Drive as you go over towards Disney. I remember seeing quite a few AB realty signs in the 90's, but think they've sold a good part of that over the years.

Figment1986

Zed said:
I think they do (or one time did) own the land directly behind SW across I-Drive before you get to Williamsburg, (some of it is owned by a power company, or the State of Florida I would assume due those huge power lines running through it) where Sea Harbor Drive ends into I-Drive, there's a gate and I used to always see Sea World security vehicles on that property.

They used to own a lot of different land along I-Drive as you go over towards Disney. I remember seeing quite a few AB realty signs in the 90's, but think they've sold a good part of that over the years.

They should have kept more land closer to the park.... that way they could expand better.... (thought selling off the property farther away wasn't that bad of an idea.... makes nice money for the company.... and who cares if you get new neighbors.. if they complain about the noise.. you tell them they choose to live near the theme park... :drevil: .)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom