size of attraction storeage for personal belongings?

icemanfred

Original Poster
Hi

I was wondering is there a standard size for those underseat stoerage bins?

we want to take along a small backpack or something to carry cameras, spare batteries,sunblock, maybe some light snacks etc.
But I dont think that sort of thing would fit.
any tips?

If your wanting to carry a backpack onto rides and stuff, it doesn't necessarily have to fit under a seat. On some rides you just place on the floor between your legs for a bigger backpack. I had a small drawstring backpack most trips and I could just leave it on sitting next to me on all the rides. Not sure if this is what you were asking about.

Weather_Lady

There is no standard size, and there isn't "personal item" storage on many attractions. For example, on Expedition Everest, you'll find an elasticized net pouch in front of you -- on Mission:Space, there's a hard-sided box -- on Soarin', an underseat pouch -- on Space Mountain, nothing.

That being said, you should have no trouble carrying a small backpack or other bag with you on attractions. My DH always carries a full-sized backpack (containing sunglasses, extra sunscreen, a hoodie, etc.) and I carry a medium-sized crossbody purse (e.g., Vera Bradley "Hipster"). When boarding an attraction that doesn't have a suitably-large pouch or container for personal belongings, DH simply sets the backpack on the floor and places one foot between the straps (like @CaliforniaDisneyMom described), or, if the restraint system allows, turns it around and wears it over his chest. I typically just leave the purse slung over my body, and tuck it to the front or side, as appropriate. We've never had a problem finding room for our things, or had anything fly around. :)

If we're going on Splash Mountain, we do make sure our electronics and phones are in ziploc baggies inside our backpack/purse, and on Kali River Rapids, we enclose the backpack or purse inside a plastic shopping bag before placing them in the covered (but often wet) storage area in the ride vehicle, or else wear them on our bodies with ponchos over ourselves.

wdwstateofmind

There is no standard size, and there isn't "personal item" storage on many attractions. For example, on Expedition Everest, you'll find an elasticized net pouch in front of you -- on Mission:Space, there's a hard-sided box -- on Soarin', an underseat pouch -- on Space Mountain, nothing.

That being said, you should have no trouble carrying a small backpack or other bag with you on attractions. My DH always carries a full-sized backpack (containing sunglasses, extra sunscreen, a hoodie, etc.) and I carry a medium-sized crossbody purse (e.g., Vera Bradley "Hipster"). When boarding an attraction that doesn't have a suitably-large pouch or container for personal belongings, DH simply sets the backpack on the floor and places one foot between the straps (like @CaliforniaDisneyMom described), or, if the restraint system allows, turns it around and wears it over his chest. I typically just leave the purse slung over my body, and tuck it to the front or side, as appropriate. We've never had a problem finding room for our things, or had anything fly around. :)

If we're going on Splash Mountain, we do make sure our electronics and phones are in ziploc baggies inside our backpack/purse, and on Kali River Rapids, we enclose the backpack or purse inside a plastic shopping bag before placing them in the covered (but often wet) storage area in the ride vehicle, or else wear them on our bodies with ponchos over ourselves.
Space Mountain most definitely has a pouch next to the seat for your stuff. I know this because my wife has left her cellphone in it twice and I've had to go all the way back from TTC to get it. It's hard to miss it actually...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom