Six Flags Bankrupt

The Conundrum

Well, just heard the news.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/06/13/six.flags.bankruptcy/index.html

That would help explain Disney gearing back as much as all the other talk around here combined. Not good.

And during bad times people watch movies. Lasseter is directing his energies towards movies. That is good news for the movies, bad news for the parks.

:dazzle:

Your negativity is getting old.

This is the best time for theme parks since the 90s. In the next 3 years we are getting Harry Potter land and transformers and king kong e-tickets at Universal and at Disney a redone DCA and a new Star Tours.

jt04

Original Poster
Your negativity is getting old.

This is the best time for theme parks since the 90s. In the next 3 years we are getting Harry Potter land and transformers and king kong e-tickets at Universal and at Disney a redone DCA and a new Star Tours.

I think some InBev parks might be next. Maybe Disney will be able to buy up some of their competition. Especially if the values continue to decline. Could be the mouse could get some real bargains.

timeman

This is nothing new. The Six Flags parks have been in debt for years. The company that bought them a three years ago inherited this debt and have started turning the parks around. They had been trying to restructure the debt themselves, but because of one holdout that is why they filed for Chapter 11. They are already planning big things for celebrating the 50th anniversary of Six Flags in 2011.

They are adding new rides at some of the parks this year and are planning a major $10 million renovation on the Texas Giant in Six Flags Over Texas next year and will be closing it for the entire year in 2010 to redo it.

Why would you think the Inbev parks would be next as they are doing great and the only reason they are up for sale is because of the sale of Budweiser to Inbev. They have stated that they want a certain amount for the parks and have no doubt that they will get it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I think some InBev parks might be next. Maybe Disney will be able to buy up some of their competition. Especially if the values continue to decline. Could be the mouse could get some real bargains.
This would not be a good thing from a "bigger picture" stand point.

Sorry

DisneyDellsDude

Theming had nothing to do with the collapse of Six Flags. Over expansion was the main reason.
Which is why I really don't think Disney should be expanding to create any more resorts. I really hope Shanghi is the last resort created for at least 20-30 years. Just look at Hong Kong Disneyland right now. It is a beautiful little park, but it is so small.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yes, because Cedar Fair is going bankrupt also right?:rolleyes:

Theming had nothing to do with the collapse of Six Flags. Over expansion was the main reason.
If every park was like disney, it wouldnt be disney.

We need parks that have minimal theming and lots of coasters, cheap carny rides and Fair type booths. It keeps things in balance.

Yes, because Cedar Fair is going bankrupt also right?:rolleyes:

Which is ironic - Six Flags, WB, The Joker. In the Dark Knight, the Joker goes on about 'aggresive expansion!'. Coincidence? I think not.:eek:

agent86

For the record, Six Flags hasn't "collapsed". Their parks are unaffected and they are still very much in operation. As a matter of fact, we went to Six Flags yesterday for the first time in probably 7 or 8 years. I have to say, we were truly blown away by how clean the park was and also how friendly the employees (and the guests) were. More consistently friendly than what we've encountered at Disney in recent years as a matter of fact. And it was crowded too!! We ended up buying season passes.

The Conundrum

For the record, Six Flags hasn't "collapsed". Their parks are unaffected and they are still very much in operation. As a matter of fact, we went to Six Flags yesterday for the first time in probably 7 or 8 years. I have to say, we were truly blown away by how clean the park was and also how friendly the employees (and the guests) were. More consistently friendly than what we've encountered at Disney in recent years as a matter of fact. And it was crowded too!! We ended up buying season passes.

I have heard nothing but bad things about the six flags parks in california and New Jersey.

SirGoofy

I have heard nothing but bad things about the six flags parks in california and New Jersey.

Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ is a very, very good park. It houses 2 of my favorite coasters on the planet, and is for the most part clean, and has good maintenance. Well, except for Kingda Ka. That thing never works.

bgraham34

I have not been to a six flags in over ten years. I use to goto the one in NJ 6 times a year in teh mid 90's but the crowds are too much for me there.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ is a very, very good park. It houses 2 of my favorite coasters on the planet, and is for the most part clean, and has good maintenance. Well, except for Kingda Ka. That thing never works.

Is Kingda Ka still open? I thought it had been shut down. :confused:

DonMuppetFan83

I havent been to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL in prolly 7 years. I want to go sometime this year, someone had driven past there and there were park closing at the end of the year signs. Im going up past it this week so Ill check it out but if Disney did buy any of the parks I thought this one was the most profitable when the numbers were released. Id like them to purchase this one with great bias, so I didnt have to go far to go to some type of Disney Park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom