Sir, we can’t say THAT on a Disney Mic – a Feb 2012 TR!

a.k.a. The Adventures of Pascal TR

Intro:

Welcome everyone to my very first trip report! Ahh!!! All week, I’ve been trying to be good and wait to start on my TR until I got my lesson plans for school done (they’re all due tonight), but… since I’m currently at work and am at a place where I can’t do any work on my lessons until I’m out of the office, I figured that posting the beginnings would be a good idea! :lol: As you may have read in my Pre Trip Report, this trip has definitely been a long time coming… a 4 year wait for me in fact! I was told that if I didn’t write my trip report for this trip, I would be “disowned, unfollowed, and shunned”… thanks for that one Kenzie! :p

In the midst of the trip, we got to celebrate both of our birthdays and Valentine’s Day, so it was a magical experience indeed.

So without further ado:

The cast:

There’s me, Courtney, who turns 23 tomorrow (AHHHH!) and this was my 19th trip to the World… and then there’s my wonderful BF, Dan, who turned 23 the day before our trip (Feb 12) and who is lucky enough (or not) to spend his first WDW visit with me!
387509_2423272816489_1091520032_31983249_657383374_n.jpg

There was a third member of our cast as well… a mischief stowaway by the name of Pascal!
381659_2486995169508_1091520032_32013852_771001394_n.jpg

The dates: February 13 through February 17, 2012

The resort: Pop Century

All packed!
IMG_0567.jpg

My packing list – so I wouldn’t forget anything
IMG_0569.jpg

With all of that being said… let the memories begin! :)

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Monday February 13, 2012 – Arrival Day, AK, DTD and DHS

After packing both of our suitcases Sunday afternoon, celebrating Dan’s birthday Sunday night, and watching the week’s episode of Once Upon a Time (our favorite!), we went to bed around 1am and *attempted* to sleep… it didn’t work. I think we both ended up getting 20 minutes of sleep total that night. Excited, much? :rolleyes:

My sleepy puppy at 2:47 in the morning. Sorry, Rocco! :lookaroun
IMG_0571.jpg

In the car and on our way at 3:15! We don’t look too bad for that little of sleep, do we? :animwink:
IMG_0573.jpg

Our plane! I think the camera time stamped this for 4:30 or so… and our plane wasn’t scheduled to take off until 7. We had way too much time to kill, and nothing was open yet! And we were the first ones there, so we kinda just stared around the airport for a bit!
IMG_0574.jpg

Some shots from the airport
IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

Pascal’s first appearance! I don’t think he got much sleep either…
IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
On the plane, next stop: Orlando
IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

My first airplane sunrise!
IMG_0590.jpg

What we did to pass the time…..

Me: homework :hammer:
IMG_0592.jpg

Dan… well, the picture says it all for him! :lol:
IMG_0593.jpg

We landed around 8:50, which wasn’t bad for a projected 9:30 landing time. So we jumped off the plane, and got ready for the first ride of our vacation… the airport’s “monorail”!

I so excited!
IMG_0599.jpg

D’awwwww
IMG_0602.jpg

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
I got to ride this when I was down last March… it was one of the most impressive things I’ve ever done (I’m a huge Harry Potter nerd, so it was a major exciting thing to see the sign! Of course Dan made fun of me about it too… )
IMG_0603.jpg

Needless to say, our vacation started of on an interesting foot… We got lost in the airport trying to find the area for the DME busses! After wandering aimlessly for a little bit, Jess (PartOfYourWorld) oh so kindly pointed out that Southwest and DME are on different sides of the airport, so we were on the wrong side (oops). Finally, we found ourselves in line for…
IMG_0604.jpg

Our magical coach awaits!
IMG_0606.jpg

At this point, I was still in denial about going to Disney (even after being able to see SSE, Contemporary, ToT, and SM from the window of our plane even)… that would change the second the video started!
IMG_0608.jpg

We were somewhat towards the end of the line for DME, and it was quite long by the time we got into it, but since DME was doing our luggage for us we were able to just board the bus and find some seats together. We pulled out pretty quickly after boarding, which was nice since I was kinda antsy and ready to stop sitting after being on a plane for around 2 hours (and a long morning in the airport that morning on top of it!).

Finally, we were greeted with this sight:
IMG_0609.jpg

Dan was trying to snap a picture using his phone (he had already started to regret not bringing his own camera), but was failing miserably. So I’m pretty sure this is one he’s going to be stealing from me in the near future. This was also one of the initial points when he realized that he wants to come back on another trip to the World… and we hadn’t even gotten to the hotel yet! :lol:

Pop was the second stop, so after a slight detour at CBR we were on our way to our home for the week.
IMG_0611.jpg

Upon check-in at the online counter, we were told our rooms were already ready and we were handed these magical buttons that would make us popular for the entire length of our trip:
IMG_0613.jpg

I am so excited about my button still! Especially since tomorrow, on my actual birthday, I will be in the classroom working with my awesome 4th graders for Practicum (I'm an elementary education major lol), and they all know I went to Disney. So getting to show off my button and tell them about my trip is going to be so much fun... as will giving them the Disney pencils I bought! :)

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Our room was in the 50’s decade, located on the second floor of Tramp. So we were quite close to the main area, and we didn’t have far to walk on the steps either (which was nice). Our building:
IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

We ended up in one of the handicapped rooms with the king sized bed, which gave us a lot of room… especially since we both sleep on the edge of the bed, I swear we could have fit like 5 more people in between us it was so big! Awkward, I know... but I was amused by this the whole entire trip :lol:
IMG_0619.jpg

My biggest gripe about our room was the shower… we had absolutely no pressure from it, no matter how much we tried fiddling with the spicket. : (
IMG_0620.jpg

Mirror Shot!
IMG_0621.jpg

And yes, every picture in this TR (besides the PhotoPass ones) were taken with this little P&S, which was probably the best gift I've ever been given for Christmas (Thanks Dan!!!!). :)

The pool that Dan wanted to go swim in, but ended up never visiting for some reason or another.
IMG_0623.jpg

And this is going to be where I leave you for now... I know, I know terrible of me to leave you before actually getting into a park, but I promise I will have our first park visit up tonight (after I actually DO finish my homework!). So, keep an eye out for AK coming in the near future (and keep in mind that the TR time sequence has already spanned from 2:47am until around 11:30 am... ). Back to work I go :cry:

Blueskyze

Enjoying your TR and looking forward to seeing more! I'm going to be at POP in 8 days, so I was very excited to see pics! :) Love the Pascal, too - he is TOO cute.

PartOfYourWorld

Yay!!!!! Started the trip report!!!!!!

You guys looked good for getting 20 minutes of Sleep! :) Pascal on the other hand...well his eyes say it all I think he might of had too much caffeine that morning!

Glad I could help you with the location confusion! I should have warned you sooner! That happened to us the first time we used DME as well.

And something I noticed with the handicapped room...you would have thought the shower and bathroom would have been a little tiny bit bigger, what if someone couldn't get out of their wheelchair?? But then again they wouldn't be on the second floor hahaha nevermind that random observation!

Now get your homework done so I can read the next part!!!!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Yay!!!!! Started the trip report!!!!!!

You guys looked good for getting 20 minutes of Sleep! :) Pascal on the other hand...well his eyes say it all I think he might of had too much caffeine that morning!

Glad I could help you with the location confusion! I should have warned you sooner! That happened to us the first time we used DME as well.

And something I noticed with the handicapped room...you would have thought the shower and bathroom would have been a little tiny bit bigger, what if someone couldn't get out of their wheelchair?? But then again they wouldn't be on the second floor hahaha nevermind that random observation!

Now get your homework done so I can read the next part!!!!

Pascal was a little rough for wear that morning, so he took a nap in the bookbag :ROFLOL:

And yeah, I only knew it was like the bottom floor, all the way at the end... we were at the complete opposite side (and end even).

Handicapped can be on second floors... they have elevators! lol. But you're right, it was an extremely cramped bathroom!

Ugh, why can't fraction lessons write themselves? :p

PartOfYourWorld

Pascal was a little rough for wear that morning, so he took a nap in the bookbag :ROFLOL:

And yeah, I only knew it was like the bottom floor, all the way at the end... we were at the complete opposite side (and end even).

Handicapped can be on second floors... they have elevators! lol. But you're right, it was an extremely cramped bathroom!

Ugh, why can't fraction lessons write themselves? :p

Oh ya duh elevators :brick:

and well they should know how to write at least 1/4 of it themselves or something :ROFLOL: I'm just so funny :p

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Enjoying your TR and looking forward to seeing more! I'm going to be at POP in 8 days, so I was very excited to see pics! :) Love the Pascal, too - he is TOO cute.
Thanks so much! There's some more Pop pics coming, but I'm not sure if they'll be up before you go down there... depends on what day they're on! :)

Yay! You started your trip report!! :D The pictures from the plane are too funny!
We do our best... and that was us asleep, wait until you see some of the ones we took when we're awake. :animwink:

Oh ya duh elevators :brick:

and well they should know how to write at least 1/4 of it themselves or something :ROFLOL: I'm just so funny :p

:hammer: That's my only response to you right now. :lol: (And I believe that I have only 1/6 of this unit left to do! :p )

Billy6

Our room was in the 50’s decade, located on the second floor of Tramp. So we were quite close to the main area, and we didn’t have far to walk on the steps either (which was nice). Our building:
IMG_0614.jpg
QUOTE]

Nice report so far...I stayed in that very building for my birthday when they did the Free Days for Birthday thing..Right above the record thats on the 3rd floor in the pic...

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Nice report so far...I stayed in that very building for my birthday when they did the Free Days for Birthday thing..Right above the record thats on the 3rd floor in the pic...

That's so cool!! I think I missed the memo when they did that one lol... I probably would have tried to go down for my birthday sooner. :animwink:

Well, the next part is coming up! :)

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
So we're back, and my fractions unit got done on time (literally 5 minutes before class), so to congratulate myself, etc etc, I'm posting the next part of the TR. ;)

So, after we dropped off our carry on bookbags, it was around 11am so we were off to
IMG_0625.jpg

Such a great sight to see!
IMG_0627.jpg

Dan’s face upon seeing the Tree:
IMG_0628.jpg

The very first thing we did upon arrival was attack the PhotoPass person… I decided that for this trip I wanted to buy the cd, so we tried finding as many people as we could (plus we wanted us pictures!). It’s a good think I made this decision, but…. More on that when we get to Tuesday! :)
Oh hey Pascal!
32666410010.jpg

32666410008.jpg

And my favorite Dan picture of the whole trip:
32666410009.jpg

What a foreshadow of things to come! Lol.

After, we made our way over to the first ride of our trip, and waited in one of our longest lines of the week (because 25 minutes is a long time! :rolleyes: )….
IMG_0634.jpg

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
There were animals EVERYWHERE, it was so amazing! By far, the best safari I’ve been on in AK to date.
IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

My attempt to be artistic ;)
IMG_0660.jpg

Cue cute photo!
IMG_0664.jpg

I spy a lion
IMG_0666.jpg

Our safari story: We were stuck in the same spot for like 20 minutes, and being in the front row means we got to hear about a traffic jam up by the warthog area. The longer we waited, the more we got to hear about. Come to find out, these guys decided they wanted to have it out in the middle of the road
IMG_0675.jpg

After we ended our 2-week safari earlier than stated (but later than anticipated, go figure), I decided it was time to “officially” be in Disney.
IMG_0679.jpg

:slurp:

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Then we passed by this devine creature
IMG_0680.jpg

So that we could make our way to
IMG_0683.jpg

I really wanted to get a picture of us with the mountain behind, because it's such a neat sight... and the area was PACKED with people pushing each other out of the way. Especially the parents who were pushing people who were taking pictures so that their little kids could get pictures. I swear! So, instead of trying to ask someone to take a picture, we did our best to get us both and the mountain in. And Pascal snuck his way in too... as did the last bits of my icecream apparently... oops.
IMG_0684.jpg

I love this picture, I think it's a great depiction and I've never taken pictures of the ride before so... I wanted the picture! Makes sense, right?
IMG_0691.jpg

I think the idea of the dorje is really awesome. And the picture of it came out good too.
IMG_0692.jpg

Ride time! Finally!! Regardless of what mode the Yeti's in, I still love this ride and have been looking forward to getting on it (not as much as other rides, but it's still in the top 5).
IMG_0694.jpg

I think this was when we first go around a bend, before the big ascent?
IMG_0695.jpg

I love love LOVE this picture... the view of AK from EE is amazing!
IMG_0698.jpg

We all know what this one is lol. I tried to get Dan to do the "going backwards" shot, but he looked away at the last minute so that was a bust. Oh well. His "wahoo" he let out every 5-10 seconds definitely made up for it.
IMG_0701.jpg

Oh hey there Yeti shadow! How's it going? Oh, you want to tear up the track? Well then....
IMG_0703.jpg

Speaking of the Yeti... when we were there, he had no light on him at all. No disco or anything. But... it's kinda hard to miss a Yeti when his paw swings right for your face. I almost peed myself. Ok, maybe not, but you get the picture.

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
We decided that we really only had one more thing this trip that we "wanted" to do. Well... it wasn't as much of a WANT as it was a it's Dan's first trip, so make him experience it (I'd have rather done the Nemo show, but... the timing didn't work out). So, we made our way over to Dino Land after we finished our exploration.

“Where’s Pascal at? I want him.”
416907_2767201454490_1091520032_32106856_411237661_n.jpg

“You don’t have to just take pictures of me you know…” “But but… new camera! I’m playing!” "Well... I'm just saying..."
IMG_0709.jpg

Oh hey there, Bonesy. How's it going up there?
IMG_0711.jpg

Waiting in line! I know I know... we're like sickly cute (it gets worse, I assure you).
IMG_0715.jpg

And that my friends, is the story of Animal Kingdom… We really didn't make much time for shows this trip around because there were so many big things that we both really wanted to do, and we were on a time crunch while at the park. I think this was where our "on our next trip" motto started.

So, on our way out I decided to snap one more photo because I love the lighting around this guy. It was like he was on spotlight just for me or something.
IMG_0719.jpg

Then it’s off to see Dan's second resort... we did do a bunch of resort hopping (as you'll see), and he ended up liking each one more than the last. I enjoyed his "next trip, can we stay here?" comments that came up at almost every resort.
IMG_0721.jpg

Oh hey Pascal! Whatcha doing?
IMG_0724.jpg

Some POFQ photos for Jess, because I know it's her favorite (it's a BFF thing to do to know these things!) :)
IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
I love this sign...
IMG_0727.jpg

Hehehe
IMG_0728.jpg

Our purpose at POFQ was simple (besides photos of course)… we had a boat ride to take to DTD for our dinner reservations!

Us on a boat
IMG_0735.jpg

Tonight, you’re dinner will be served to you a la dinosaur eggs….
IMG_0737.jpg

I love all the Walt quotes everywhere, especially this one… it’s really motivational, and connects with where I am in my life right now.
IMG_0738.jpg

T-Rex!
IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

Us being us…
IMG_0743.jpg

My first purchase of the trip! A Belle shirt, I saw it on one of the displays at the front of the shop and tore through the whole entire World of Disney hunting for it (I’m a woman on a mission when I want to be). They had a Beast one too that faced Belle, but Dan swore up and down no matching photos. :( Oh well, a girl can dream right?
IMG_0744.jpg

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
So, onto dinner… we ate in the Ice Caves right in the center, and our waitress’s name was Mafe (one of the very few times I remembered the name lol).

And, we got to sit near this guy here (Sam_Disney, which one is it?!?)
IMG_0748.jpg

Food/Drink !!!!!

Dan’s Drink: Mango Mojito (he got to keep a glass)
IMG_0750.jpg

My Drink: Tropical Cotton-tini (I got to keep the shaker… which Dan still has. Grr him!)
IMG_0751.jpg

Dan’s Dinner: Gigantosaurus Burger (he’s a burger guy…)
IMG_0756.jpg

My Dinner: Layers of Earth Lasagna (mmmmm, mouth watering just thinking about it!)
IMG_0755.jpg

Our opinions… everything was AMAZING. Man, I have lustful dreams about this food a week later. And the drinks? I never thought that cotton candy and alcohol would mix. But they do. And it was the most delicious drink I’ve had. And there were quite a few drinks in Disney, I assure you.

Oh, and well… we can’t forget dessert, can we? They came out singing to us and everything! We ended up getting the Chocolate Extinsion because I’ve seen pictures and it looked good. But, it was the first time of many that we wished the other two from the original trip plan (Leah and Eric) were there with us… it would have been the perfect size for us four.
IMG_0757.jpg

Well… and that’s all she wrote. For now at least ;) I have to get some stuff printed out for one of my students tomorrow, and I haven’t been sleeping since we came home (curses going back to separate homes!), so I’m exhausted! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom