Single Travelers $ Warning

JanetD

Original Poster
Of all the traveling and sometimes insane excursions never did I think it would be Adventures by Disney that would be the company to have the worst Customer Service. I sent a simple email that warranted a ‘yes’/’no’ answer; Can you please advise if there is a premium cost for a single traveler to participate in an Adventures by Disney excursion. Their response; Single occupancy Adventures are available upon request and are subject to availability. When it came time to make it official, I was hit with an incremental $800USD. Even after having the travel agent and myself contact AbyD to see if we could make the best of them misleading me by negotiating that we all cover a portion of the incremental cost, they wouldn’t budge. And doing a 3-day Park Hopper at Disneyland to start the vacation had neither impact nor the loyalty of past trips to not only Disney World but their cruise line, so much for the ‘happiest place on Earth’.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've done a lot of solo travel. All pricing is advertised as "based on double occupancy". A google of "adventures by disney single supplement" provides lots of information that reflects that they charge a supplement. I'm not sure why they didn't provide that information when you asked, AFAIK it's common practice across the industry. Specifically, the AbyD Terms and Conditions includes under "Pricing Details": "A single supplement applies; please call a Vacationista for details." If you received a quote for solo travel that didn't include the supplement, I would argue that they misled you, but you only mention "When it came time to make it official, I was hit with an incremental $800USD.", which implies to me that you didn't request a quote for the trip.

Any Travel Agent worth their salt would know this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom