Signature Dining for Anniversary

PrincessL

Original Poster
We are planning to celebrate our Anniversary in the world for 3 nights. Looking to book 2 signature ADR and looking for opinions...

Highway in the sky will def be one if they extend it and we can get an ADR for one of the night we are there. If that's not available then I think California Grill would be our pick for one of them.

For the second I'm thinking Le Cellier or Jiko with the wine tasting. Anyone feel strongly about one of those or any others I should put on the short list? A more romantic setting would be nice lol!

CaptainAmerica

Of the three you mentioned (Jiko, Le Cellier, and California Grill), I'd only seriously consider Jiko. Le Cellier and Cali Grill can be absolute zoos, Le Cellier because it's in a theme park and Cali Grill because, for whatever reason, guests behave abysmally there. You'll have kids running around all over the place and grown men at dinner in basketball shorts. Highly recommend against Cali Grill for a romantic setting.

I'd consider Narcoossee's, Citricos, Artist Point, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and The Boathouse. Jiko, which you already mentioned, would be my first choice.

Last edited:

Spectro

Also our last visit to Cali grille was large groups and lots of children as families book to see wishes there. was not the best Cali grille meal we have ever had either. We have chosen flying fish for ours for dining experienceand also narcoosees for sentimental value. One day I will visit v & a hopefully !

Hockey89

Of the three you mentioned (Jiko, Le Cellier, and California Grill), I'd only seriously consider Jiko. Le Cellier and Cali Grill can be absolute zoos, Le Cellier because it's in a theme park and Cali Grill because, for whatever reason, guests behave abysmally there. You'll have kids running around all over the place and grown men at dinner in basketball shorts. Highly recommend against Cali Grill for a romantic setting.

I'd consider Narcoossee's, Citricos, Artist Point, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and The Boathouse. Jiko, which you already mentioned, would be my first choice.
You could not be more right about Cal Grill... It's a shame what has happened there...

Hockey89

Also our last visit to Cali grille was large groups and lots of children as families book to see wishes there. was not the best Cali grille meal we have ever had either. We have chosen flying fish for ours for dining experienceand also narcoosees for sentimental value. One day I will visit v & a hopefully !
I've never had a bad meal at Flying Fish.... Have you been since they reopened? It was always very loud in there for some reason and didn't know if that has changed... Great food

danyoung56

I just couldn't disagree more about the California Grill. Yeah, it's not a dim, romantic, candle-lit kind of place. But the view is exceptional, and the food and service are top-notch. And while you may see some kids, they won't be playing tag around your table or anything. The CG is by far my favorite restaurant anywhere!

drwadadli

For us, we like Monsieur Paul's, Artist Point (it you go later then less kids), Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table (not part of your dining plan though), or Le Cellier for romantic restaurants.

Hockey89

I just couldn't disagree more about the California Grill. Yeah, it's not a dim, romantic, candle-lit kind of place. But the view is exceptional, and the food and service are top-notch. And while you may see some kids, they won't be playing tag around your table or anything. The CG is by far my favorite restaurant anywhere!
I have to disagree completely... I have seen kids acting just like that the last two times there... It was out of control and I'm not the only poster that has noticed it.... The food is good.. Not great.... Better spots at Disney

CaptainAmerica

The view isn't that great. It's neat to be on the roof of a high building, but the MK fireworks shows are choreographed to be viewed from the South. The view from the side is "meh" at best.

drwadadli

I disagree with the kids thing. I think CG has become very noisy whether it is due to all the kids or parents/adults talking loud to be heard over the kids. Several of years ago before the last remodel, it was a quiet place. We have been there once recently and it was way too noisy for us so we won't go back again.

PrincessL

Original Poster

Awesome. I think Jiko would be a unique experience that you can't find at too many other places. If we didn't do the highway dine I'd like to stay on the monorail loop so out of those which would you choose?

Another vote for Yachtsman. Each time we've gone the service and food has been excellent. The atmosphere was nice as well, quiet and dimmed lighting.
DH and I do enjoy a good steak:) Have you eaten at Le Cellier as well? I only ask because everyone raves about the cheese soup!

We are trying Yachtsman this time. We wanted a romantic date for an hour or two, so we will be hiring the Disney sitters.
That's so nice to get an evening out!

Our experience at Yachtman Steakhouse was very intimate and quiet. Would definitely recommend. Cali Grill is a more celebratory experience IMO though.
Thanks for your opinion! Have you had issues with kiddos at CG?

That is a bummer! Ill have to look closer at the Flying Fish menu. The boardwalk would be a fun place to hav an anniversary meal!

V&A Victoria room.... Booom
Wish it were in the budget!!!!!

The reviews I've read have been terrific and I've seen quite a few TR with a meal at CG and that's what made me want to try it. I guess I would never take my children to a restaurant like this because 1) they wouldn't appreciate it and 2) They are too young to expect them to behave how I would want hem to. But I guess others may not feel the same way... I totally understand that it is Disney and there will be kids!

For us, we like Monsieur Paul's, Artist Point (it you go later then less kids), Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table (not part of your dining plan though), or Le Cellier for romantic restaurants.
I haven't really considered Artist Point I'll have too look at that more closely! Thanks!

Epcotfan21

You'll definitely find more romantic restaurants than Le Cellier, but in my opinion it's one of the best meals on property. The seating is intimate, because they try to cram as many tables in the place as possible, but you quickly get over it once you start eating.

zurgandfriend

My DW and I have been together forever, or maybe it just seems like that. I hope that we will be together many more years. We have celebrated many special occasions at WDW. Sometimes you get kids running wild, our two experiences at Artist Point come to mind, and sometimes you do not, but I digress. With that said our favorite “Special places” are, Victoria and Alberts, Yachtsman Steakhouse and California Grill.

However, let me also say that we had some our best times and meals at the Hoop de Doo Revue, Whispering Canyon and 50 Prime Time Café. Whatever you pick enjoy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom