Siemens leaving, What does this mean for Spaceship Earth?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Siemens is leaving, could the curtains at the end of Spaceship Earth be coming down, there going to have to at least alter the screen sequence for sure.

Lou Filerman

What one thinks is good is quite subjective. I hope they don't replace this one. Update, sure, but replace? Nope we never tire of it. We enjoy thrill rides as well as relaxing rides.
Agreed, it's subjective. I believe, outside of Stich, this is the worst ride on property and I hope they replace it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Agreed, it's subjective. I believe, outside of Stich, this is the worst ride on property and I hope they replace it.
icon_e_popcorn.gif

yensid67

I would like to see SSE replaced into something that stays with in the backstory of EPCOT, but with a hard look at what our future at this point might look like! Or maybe they can replace it with a Marvel Headquarters that you ride through and see where they live when they are not fighting crime! I think STAR WARS theme of ANYTHING is not needed here! since there is a STAR WARSLAND coming, so anything star wars related at all in EPCOT is not needed! If they want to have a STAR WARS presence in EPCOT...change out Mission Space!(yeah I said it LOL!)Can anyone confirm plans for the EPCOT overhaul that is online? Please post details in another thread please! So many rumors and videos of what is planned not for sure what is even slightly true!

Chef Mickey

I don't see SSE as needing to be replaced at all. They are already have and are replacing enough classics at EPCOT.

SSE is a wonderful concept, conveys a great message, and just needs the usual TLC and updating that any 35 year old attraction would need. It needs a new ending and not a lot otherwise.

The validation for a new attraction doesn't come because Disney neglected to update the current attraction. Unfortunately, the standard lately has been NO investment for 20+ years and then expecting a round of applause because they are finally ripping out that old, tired ride in favor of a shiny new rollercoaster or other IP du jour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom