Show us your MNSSHP costumes!! (and MNSSHP Pics!)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Well random princess, looks like there will be a double up on nov 1st.

My dd is going as vanellope, ds is going as fix it Felix, dh is going as Ralph and I am going as minty.

Will post costumes when we have been.

Hope to see you there.
I'll keep an eye out for you guys.

ferbtones

Just done dd nails for trip.
image.jpg

disney magic 06

We have never been to MNSSHP but are planning to go next year. I knew children dressed up, but I'm surprised to see so many adults joining in the fun. I must admit, it hadn't occurred to me but now I'm thinking maybe we should. I wouldn't like to think I was missing out on the fun. What proportion of adults would you say do dress up?

ferbtones

We have been twice now to party.

First time was just our kids that dressed up, and we felt so out of place as so many adults were dressed up.

So second time round we got dressed up too, and enjoyed it much more. Dh went as doofensmirtz.

This time we wanted to have a common theme, so all are going as wreck it Ralph.

I would say either way, costume or not, you will have fun and not look out of place.

disney magic 06

We have been twice now to party.

First time was just our kids that dressed up, and we felt so out of place as so many adults were dressed up.

So second time round we got dressed up too, and enjoyed it much more. Dh went as doofensmirtz.

This time we wanted to have a common theme, so all are going as wreck it Ralph.

I would say either way, costume or not, you will have fun and not look out of place.
As we fly from UK we have a limited baggage allowance, it will take careful planning. I think we'll have to do something though!

draybook

We have never been to MNSSHP but are planning to go next year. I knew children dressed up, but I'm surprised to see so many adults joining in the fun. I must admit, it hadn't occurred to me but now I'm thinking maybe we should. I wouldn't like to think I was missing out on the fun. What proportion of adults would you say do dress up?

I noticed a lot more adults dressed up this year than in years of past. I'd say it was almost a 50-50 thing.

HDS

Wow...fantastic shots!
You look totally in character and could pass for the real 'Theme Park Jack'.

Were the ladies flinging themselves at your feet...?
Thanks, well I am a performer and have been portraying Jack Sparrow for many years (retired now) and was a "Friend of Jack's" ;)

As for the ladies, yes they did but I am well grounded....plus my wife would kill me! =D

ferbtones

Disney magic - we also fly from the uk and it does take careful planning.

This year we are donating clothes to the salvation army that we will not use anymore, as the kids grow so fast their holiday clothes will not fit next year.

Leaves us more room for new stuff on the way home.

Sped2424

Well it seems everyone here has adorable families and amazing costumes! Can't wait to do this when I have kids one day!

luv

I think 35-40% of adults dress up. Some nights you'll see more than others, but a lot. And many dress as Disney characters. Some wear Halloween-themed shirts, too. You will not feel out of place if you dress up.

I do not dress up. When I was young, my mother always made me be what she wanted to be. Well, she pushed and pushed until I just gave up. Halloween dressing up was ruined for me. (Don't be that mom! You be what you want to be and let them be what THEY want to be! Let your kids enjoy all the parts of Halloween, not just the candy!!). I never feel out of place, either.

Whichever way you go, you won't feel like the only one doing it. :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks, well I am a performer and have been portraying Jack Sparrow for many years (retired now) and was a "Friend of Jack's" ;)

As for the ladies, yes they did but I am well grounded....plus my wife would kill me! =D

I was gonna swoon at your photo - I have met several "friends of jack" back stage after the Pirate Tutorial thanks to my friend and my "friend of Mac", Glenn says they're all married *sigh*

HDS

Aww *blush* thanks.
This tread needs more photos! Come on peeps! I saw a Hocus Pocus (Sanderson Sisters) group a few weeks ago at MNSSHP! Was that anyone from this forum? They looked great!

DVC91

There aren't from MNSSHP, but my girlfriend, our friends and I went out as some Disney Villains for some contests this past weekend! Forgive the quality. I ripped them off my girlfriend's instagram. have some close-ups of her costume and mine. Enjoy!
photo 1.PNG.jpeg
photo 3.PNG.jpeg
photo.jpeg

We're considering doing them again for the actual day of Halloween, in which the girl dressed as Ursula will attach tentacles, and I will paint my face to look like the one Dr. Facilier has on during "Friends on the Other Side"

Thanks Dog Ate Mouse!! We had a lot of fun. My son that wore the Davy Jones mask actually was asked by Disney to not pose and take pictures with people. He had people from across the park coming over wanting to get a picture with him, it was GREAT!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom