Should we have an official HHN24 thread to share the news?

71jason

I keep looking for maps online for HHN24 but can only locate HHN23 ones from last year. I'm wondering if they'll bring them out nearer the time or perhaps I'm just terrible at 'searching' for them? :arghh:

Yeah, probably no official map until day of. "Unofficial" maps, almost as good as the real thing, are floating around the HHN-specific boards tho.

ryan1

The houses are always in the same places and the rides don't change so you can get a good idea of the layout off of last years map.

I would suggest going right when you enter the park and going counter clockwise as everyone goes straight and you can knock out 3-4 houses on the right side of the park in about an hour. Once you hit MIB and Bill and Teds you catch up to the crowds but you are off to a good start.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Yeah, probably no official map until day of. "Unofficial" maps, almost as good as the real thing, are floating around the HHN-specific boards tho.

Well I've found a map for HHN24. Hope it's accurate and have added it to the first post for any thread latecomers.

HHN24SpeculationMap-1.png

ryan1

Yep, same layout as the last several years. My "go right" philosophy will work out great as all the original houses are that way and the Halloween house.

I haven't read anything about the houses to avoid spoilers and what not but is the Halloween house based on the original or remake?

I'm still debating whether or not to get the express pass. We are going Sunday Oct 5 and I can't decide. I've avoided getting one the last 13 years but its looking more and more useful as crowds have grown more and more and earlier and earlier.

71jason

I haven't read anything about the houses to avoid spoilers and what not but is the Halloween house based on the original or remake?

Original.

I'm still debating whether or not to get the express pass. We are going Sunday Oct 5 and I can't decide. I've avoided getting one the last 13 years but its looking more and more useful as crowds have grown more and more and earlier and earlier.

Highly recommend it if you're not doing stay-and-scream. Also, over the past few years, Sundays have become probably the second busiest night. The crowd hits at opening, too, unlike weekdays.

ryan1

Original.

Highly recommend it if you're not doing stay-and-scream. Also, over the past few years, Sundays have become probably the second busiest night. The crowd hits at opening, too, unlike weekdays.

Last year was the first year we went on a Sunday. We usually go on Fridays early in Oct or late Sept. I'm thinking since its still early in Oct we should be ok crowd wise but I'm still thinking it might be worth splurging on the express pass just in case. In the last 14 years I haven't had an issue with not getting to all the houses and shows but after last year's crowds I'm leaning more toward it. Ugh.

71jason

Last year was the first year we went on a Sunday. We usually go on Fridays early in Oct or late Sept. I'm thinking since its still early in Oct we should be ok crowd wise but I'm still thinking it might be worth splurging on the express pass just in case. In the last 14 years I haven't had an issue with not getting to all the houses and shows but after last year's crowds I'm leaning more toward it. Ugh.

The Sunday crowds are a recent phenomenon--I'd say no earlier than 2010, probably more like 2011. I guess the Frequent Fear purchasers finally hit a critical mass. In any case, this gives you the freedom to see everything at least twice if the crowds aren't bad.

Tho I'm hopeful with a huge TWD house, four big scarezones and all the construction done, this year might feel a little less congested.

71jason

That's pretty cool. I remember at XIII (the second IOA HHN), the Director's house had a room dedicated to Lori's home from the original film and it was one of the best-themed areas I can recall. I believe you went through the living room, kitchen and then out the garage.

Rumor is ...

You go "outside" between houses within the maze ... somehow.

Also, while based on the original, supposedly Easter eggs throughout based on the sequels, possibly even the remake I suppose.

Matt7187

Are there videos anywhere of the houses from the media preview? I would like to see the houses before I decide if I want to go. I am not a huge fan of being scared, so I would like to see what it will be like beforehand

ryan1

Are there videos anywhere of the houses from the media preview? I would like to see the houses before I decide if I want to go. I am not a huge fan of being scared, so I would like to see what it will be like beforehand

If you aren't a fan of being scared I would strongly suggest not paying money to go to a place where the sole purpose is to scare you.

Unless you are of drinking age and find liquid courage after a couple, then I say you'd probably enjoy yourself. Just don't have too much and get obnoxious.

Watch the original Halloween (1978) and/or From Dusk Till Dawn (1996). If you like those or can make it through the entire movie you should be alright, except for the Alien vs. Predator house.

Matt7187

If you aren't a fan of being scared I would strongly suggest not paying money to go to a place where the sole purpose is to scare you.

Unless you are of drinking age and find liquid courage after a couple, then I say you'd probably enjoy yourself. Just don't have too much and get obnoxious.
I'm not old enough to drink, so we can eliminate that one. I just feel like it is probably a once in a lifetime thing, since I probably won't be back anytime soon. And some of the houses seem really cool to me.

ryan1

I'm not old enough to drink, so we can eliminate that one. I just feel like it is probably a once in a lifetime thing, since I probably won't be back anytime soon. And some of the houses seem really cool to me.

If this is a one time chance of doing it, then definitely do it. Its worth seeing at least once, even if you get scared and it should be fairly cheap, I'm guessing from your signature that it would just be an add on to your Universal ticket anyway.

Worst case, you only do the houses you have an interest in and quickly run through the scare zones and ride the rides. You'll have fun even if you just do that.

What day(s) are you going to Uni?

Matt7187

If this is a one time chance of doing it, then definitely do it. Its worth seeing at least once, even if you get scared and it should be fairly cheap, I'm guessing from your signature that it would just be an add on to your Universal ticket anyway.

Worst case, you only do the houses you have an interest in and quickly run through the scare zones and ride the rides. You'll have fun even if you just do that.

What day(s) are you going to Uni?
We will be the from the 8th to the 12th, but I think we would be going to HHN on the 9th

ryan1

We will be the from the 8th to the 12th, but I think we would be going to HHN on the 9th

Depending on how much you love Harry Potter and how much you must do the new HP expansion at Uni you can save a lot of money if you did Islands of Adventure on the 9th and added the HHN ticket to your IoA ticket. Being a weekday you will be able to do all of IoA in the day, get there at opening and there won't be any lines for most of the morning, and then you can do Uni while doing HHN. All the rides, except Potter and ET, will be open for HHN. If you do most everything during HHN you won't need to spend the money on another ticket for Uni (except if you really want to do Potter 2.0).

Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom