Should we have an official HHN24 thread to share the news?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Hi, I'm not trying to be a 'big shot' with this thread (by all means merge it if you like) but I just thought we could have one thread for all the HHN24 news as it breaks?

It's my first time going this year and I'm really excited so keep looking for info online and I'm aware it comes out fairly regularly from now on. So should we have one official thread where those of us interested can all bookmark and add to as we hear stuff?

HHN24SpeculationMap-1.png

ALL 8 HOUSES OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

The Walking Dead House confirmed

From Dusk Till Dawn House confirmed

Alien vs Predator House confirmed

Dracula Untold House confirmed

Dollhouse of the Damned House confirmed

Roanoke Cannibal Colony House confirmed

Giggles & Gore House confirmed

Halloween house now officially confirmed

SCARE ZONES OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Face Off scare zone confirmed

Purge scare zone confirmed

MASKerade; Unstitched scare zone confirmed

Bayou of Blood scare zone confirmed

So how about if anyone gets anything more or relevant they add it to this thread or the mods merge this with any of the others to give us all a chance to gather all the info as it comes? Just a thought as I said and only trying to help.

Last edited:

HakunaMatata89

Walking Dead was good last year, advice is to get to it early because the wait times on most nights i went last year were between 1 1/2-2hrs.

i will say last year i was disapointed with the staff managing. They decided during the night to extend the event hours by about 1 1/2 hours which was great to hear, but not so great in the fact that they allowed the cast to leave at the scheduled time. i waited 45 minutes in line to walk through an empty house ( minus 2-3 cast members who agreed to stay behind and perform). And no they did not tell us that there would be nobody inside before we opted to wait.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Walking Dead was good last year, advice is to get to it early because the wait times on most nights i went last year were between 1 1/2-2hrs.

i will say last year i was disapointed with the staff managing. They decided during the night to extend the event hours by about 1 1/2 hours which was great to hear, but not so great in the fact that they allowed the cast to leave at the scheduled time. i waited 45 minutes in line to walk through an empty house ( minus 2-3 cast members who agreed to stay behind and perform). And no they did not tell us that there would be nobody inside before we opted to wait.

That souds really odd and very disappointing. Our first visit will be on Saturday 20 September this year, we're planning on getting there and starting to queue at around 5.30pm. I doubt we'll stay beyond 11pm on our first visit though, so hopefully won't encounter this problem.

Timekeeper

That is very odd, particularly because there is no "scheduled leave time." If the park closes at midnight, for example, the scareactors in the 30 minute wait time house will leave before the scareactors in the 75 minute wait time house. Scareactors stay until the last guest has gone through, and there's no way to predict at exactly what time that will be.

And this is not the first time that the park hours have been seemingly-impromptu extended. It's rare, but it has happened.

Having frequented the event for 20 years, countless times, I can say that I have never experienced a house that was less than full show simply because the scareactors up and left, nor have I ever heard of such a thing happening. The only time that a particular room, or maybe house, might seem "empty" is during a shift change (A/B), because they usually don't have duplicate characters in the same room at the same time. But even then, they essentially tag each other out, so a room/house should only be "empty" for a few seconds.

The only scenario that I can fathom as to when a house might be incompletely staffed is if, for example, the A shift is on set, and the B shift is dismissed because the stage manager doesn't think that they'll be needed, and then the A shift is left to perform an unreasonably long set (because the line gets longer, or park hours extended), which means that the B shift was prematurely dismissed (not the stage manager's fault if the extended hours idea was a last minute decision). There may have been other houses in which the second shift was still standing by for additional sets, and didn't have an issue.

I'm sure that what you experienced (less than full show) was not intentional, regardless of the reason behind it.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I can't watch the movie- it looks too real :arghh:

To be honest I've only caught the last half hour or so of the movie and that was only about a week ago. I'd imagine the theme will fit in nicely in the New York scare zone and can see it blending in well. Didn't think that much of the movie but can see it working at HHN24.

Pixie VaVoom

I LOVED Face Off!!!!!!

I totally love "Face-Off" too, but I hate that they take folks who already have their own studio and business and enter them to compete.

I think it should be amateurs and newbies, only. Those folks who are so driven to create that they get off from their boring assembly line job and lock themselves into their garage/studio for the weekend and just craft up a storm !! Ya know - kind of a "flashdance" cinderella story kind of thing.

Timekeeper

I totally love "Face-Off" too, but I hate that they take folks who already have their own studio and business and enter them to compete.

It's a bit like singers who have already had record deals (and thus already "professional") appearing on the various vocal talent tv shows.

But I suppose that artists, in any genre, are a dime a dozen, so even the existing studio/business/professional types are likely struggling to keep food on the table. It would be difficult to decide exactly where to draw the line between amateur and professional in any artist-based industry.

Pixie VaVoom

I can't watch the movie- it looks too real :arghh:

i know what you mean... My dear hubby LOVES sci fi/adventure/horror movies. I like the concepts in some of them but, sheesh! I gotta watch them from under my "blankie". I am a fraidy cat...and "blankies" are 'magic'... Monsters can't getcha under a blankie!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom