Should we have an Official 'Halloween Horror Nights 25' thread

JoeCamel

Sounds like there will still be 9 houses BUT Scream is out and maybe purge will take its place. Still a rumor but with 5 weeks to go they will have to scramble to get it done. Biggest change in the history of HHN this late in the game. In other news FFL is now closed to set up B&T show.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Sounds like there will still be 9 houses BUT Scream is out and maybe purge will take its place. Still a rumor but with 5 weeks to go they will have to scramble to get it done. Biggest change in the history of HHN this late in the game. In other news FFL is now closed to set up B&T show.

Thanks for that. What were the problems with the Scream IP? Surely all contractual issues would have been tied up way before work began on this particular house. It seems crazy to think there'd be any loose ends to sort out so late in the game, somebody must really have dropped the ball on this one?

I also realise I'm completely naive on the creating of haunted house attractions, but surely building the structure is the difficult part? From what's been posted on here that was completed a while back so to me changing the 'Scream' scareactors to something else shouldn't be that difficult. If the house is very similar inside to that of the Scream movies (probably will be) and there's copyright issues, couldn't they slap a bit of paint on the walls to change it? I realise this is a very simplistic solution from myself and more than likely very stupid, however I genuinely can't imagine why there's going to be a scramble to get it done?

JoeCamel

Not inside here but my understanding is that the IP wanted it based on the TV show not the Movies and A&D said no way. The house has to be permitted with fire and safety so to change the layout this late in the game and have all actors learn their roles takes time. 5 weeks is not enough time so expect the same layout with an altered overlay so it cannot be said it is the scream IP being used without permission.

All rumor and conjecture and I think what we will get will either be a really good house or a terrible one, nothing in between.

All the advertising is made at this time and it will need to be changed. A huge deal!

Still the same other 8 houses though and that is a "normal" year.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Not inside here but my understanding is that the IP wanted it based on the TV show not the Movies and A&D said no way. The house has to be permitted with fire and safety so to change the layout this late in the game and have all actors learn their roles takes time. 5 weeks is not enough time so expect the same layout with an altered overlay so it cannot be said it is the scream IP being used without permission.

All rumor and conjecture and I think what we will get will either be a really good house or a terrible one, nothing in between.

All the advertising is made at this time and it will need to be changed. A huge deal!

Still the same other 8 houses though and that is a "normal" year.

Well thanks for answering anyway. Wow, you'd think with all the experience at this sort of thing that they'd have that in the contract and tied down very early on. I wasn't even aware there'd been a Scream tv series but then again I'm in the uk and not a big Scream franchise fan anyway.

JoeCamel

This has happened in test that they have had to change the IP for a house but not this late in thegame. What I am not hearing much about is the second show. It will be interesting to see what they come u with. In any case the same number of houses, scare zones and shows are already in place as years past so anything they an add will be a bonus and as long as they have blink cups full of booze I will be happy.

JoeCamel

Yep, I think it will be better than the scare zone last year, putting the actors in a confined space should bring the action closer to you. Last year you could see them coming from far away so not many scares. Good atmosphere but little terror.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Well thanks for answering anyway. Wow, you'd think with all the experience at this sort of thing that they'd have that in the contract and tied down very early on. I wasn't even aware there'd been a Scream tv series but then again I'm in the uk and not a big Scream franchise fan anyway.

It's currently on MTV and 2 episodes away from the season finale. It's not that good.

disney4life2008

Has any FL resident spotted the Coca Cola bottles with the codes yet? I've been looking, even went to Burger King just for a Coke- we don't have them yet in Fort myers. I want to buy my tickets- but not without that stupid code!!!

Florida resident here - any updates on the coke zero can? That is what I drink so I just need to know when and where to pick it up...

disney4life2008

It's currently on MTV and 2 episodes away from the season finale. It's not that good.

I watched a few minutes of that show and it was terrible. Some things just need to be left alone especially when it comes to remakes and in this case a scary movie made into a tv show.

JoeCamel

Michael Myers is essentially the same as Jason Voorhees with the exception of the backstories. Both are mindless killing machines and that's big enough for a scare factor, IMO.

Except you go in knowing the scareactors cannot touch you?? How is that scary?

JT3000

Are you asking specifically how a mass murdering character can be scary when they can't touch you? Jump scares, same as any other scareactor. And while I don't quite understand the mindset myself, whether it's amazing suspension of disbelief or just being a sissy, there are plenty of people who are legitimately scared from just seeing a character. They often don't even have to do anything.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

The same way The Purge, Insidious or any IP will scare you....the element of surprise as well as the atmosphere. JT nailed it when he said jump scares...we all know the actors can't touch you...but they don't need to. If you're going to go into one of these knowing you won't be scared cause they don't touch you, you're going in for the wrong reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom