Should I switch?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The reason for MK area is because we do multiple days at that park, the rest only 1. The bus from Poly to Animal Kingdom was fine when we stayed at Poly in '15.. 20 minutes maybe.

Last year we did our AK day when staying at Wilderness Lodge, but we took an Uber from Poly after Ohana.

I would love for kiddo to stay at the Boardwalk.. but I haven't booked it for the same reason as I listed above. In a few years we will be able to.

Yes! You're going sometime between 11/26 and 12/3!! :). We can have a drink at Territory Lounge!

I know I'm being difficult, like always.. one part of me thinks we should complete the monorail loop.. another part knows how pleasantly surprised I was at WL..and another part wants to stay in a cabin. Lol

That's annoying. Why are the villa bookings that way?

I am so undecided. Ugh.
What's your opinion on the Contemporary?

So many questions to answer.... ;)

I haven't made a resort ressie yet...but I did reserve Thanksgiving dinner at GF Cafe. I threw out to DD and DSinlaw another Thanksgiving trip with the entire family like last year. Which means a 3 bedroom villa, somewhere, paid by yours truly... But will let you know.

And then my daughter threw a wrench in my points by asking (okay, she verged on begging) to go the first weekend in August. She'd even checked into the points needed and availability for that weekend. They REALLY want to visit Pandora and are willing to endure the August heat, in spite of me reminding her of our very first trip to WDW when she was 8 in that brutal August heat...that trip did not go well. Maybe it was the cast on her broken wrist.... Sorry, I digress. So I'm back at the World in 66 days...in August. Please shoot me.

Don't know why the villas are that way now. I've noticed that most rooms now have selections of just floor and proximity to elevator.

We stayed at BLT two years ago for MNSSHP. Wasn't impressed with it or the Contemporary - too concrete and metal for my taste. Our standard view gave us a view of the trash/laundry area, but a great view of Space Mountain. It was convenient for walking over to MK, but I'm in no hurry to stay there again.

My preferred resorts? Boulder Ridge/Copper Creek and Poly. Disclosure - I own points in all three. Also like GF (points there too) and have stayed at both the cash rooms and the villas.

If most of your days will be at the MK, choose a MK resort. If you want to give the Kiddo a new resort experience, choose the cabins. But just know that getting around is a challenge, hence the golf cart. I think he'd enjoy the cabins during the holiday season.

ETA: Remember that the ladies on the Allears.net channel on YouTube have videos of just about every resort room on property, including the renovated cabins.

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
I ended up chatting with some of the other moms, the social butterfly that I am. :p Sorry.:oops: I was tagging people and then couldn't help myself and started conversations. :rolleyes:

Ha ha. I guess I can understand real life taking priority.. maybe ;). I keep checking my notifications daily for a tag from you.. I can't wait to hear all about your trip, it better be coming soon!

21stamps

Original Poster

I haven't made a resort ressie yet...but I did reserve Thanksgiving dinner at GF Cafe. I threw out to DD and DSinlaw another Thanksgiving trip with the entire family like last year. Which means a 3 bedroom villa, somewhere, paid by yours truly... But will let you know.

And then my daughter threw a wrench in my points by asking (okay, she verged on begging) to go the first weekend in August. She'd even checked into the points needed and availability for that weekend. They REALLY want to visit Pandora and are willing to endure the August heat, in spite of me reminding her of our very first trip to WDW when she was 8 in that brutal August heat...that trip didn't not go well. Maybe it was the cast on her broken wrist.... Sorry, I digress. So I'm back at the World in 66 days...in August. Please shoot me.

Don't know why the villas are that way now. I've noticed that most rooms now have selections of just floor and proximity to elevator.

We stayed at BLT two years ago for MNSSHP. Wasn't impressed with it or the Contemporary - too concrete and metal for my taste. Our standard view gave us a view of the trash/laundry area, but a great view of Space Mountain. It was convenient for walking over to MK, but I'm in no hurry to stay there again.

My preferred resorts? Boulder Ridge/Copper Creek and Poly. Disclosure - I own points in all three. Also like GF (points there too) and have stayed at both the cash rooms and the villas.

If most of your days will be at the MK, choose a MK resort. If you want to give the Kiddo a new resort experience, choose the cabins. But just know that getting around is a challenge, hence the golf cart. I think he'd enjoy the cabins during the holiday season.

ETA: Remember that the ladies on the Allears.net channel on YouTube have videos of just about every resort room on property, including the renovated cabins.

Ha ha..have fun in August! I mean sure it will be great! 2 kids on my son's baseball team are each going to Disney next week.. another one of his classmates is already there.. all of their trips overlap without planning that way. A few more are going next month, including our neighbor.. so kiddo says to me "I'm seriously the ONLY kid not going to Disney World this summer! We should go." I said "Nope" then then yellow summer booklet came from Disney Destinations.. poor kid thought it was a reservation booklet.lol. I told him we can look at everyone's photos on FB and Snapchat.. that's just like being there, right? ;)

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ha ha..have fun in August! I mean sure it will be great! 2 kids on my son's baseball team are each going to Disney next week.. another one of his classmates is already there.. all of their trips overlap without planning that way. A few more are going next month, including our neighbor.. so kiddo says to me "I'm seriously the ONLY kid not going to Disney World this summer! We should go." I said "Nope

Thanks, I'm soooo looking forward to it. NOT!

I bet he doesn't remember how hot it is in Florida in August, especially Central Florida with no sea breezes.

21stamps

Original Poster
Thanks, I'm soooo looking forward to it. NOT!

I bet he doesn't remember how hot it is in Florida in August, especially Central Florida with no sea breezes.

My phone died in the middle of typing that comment.lol. I hit send to save it. Oops.

Central Florida is horrid in the summer.. humidity and no ocean! But, there's enough AC at Disney.. and you can always jump in Casey Jr's Splash n Soak ;)

My kid complains in heat, and loves the cold. I'm still wondering if he was switched at birth..

MySmallWorldof4

that's just like being there, right? ;)
Sure this is what T's face was like when you said that. :cautious:

And then my daughter threw a wrench in my points by asking (okay, she verged on begging) to go the first weekend in August. She'd even checked into the points needed and availability for that weekend. They REALLY want to visit Pandora and are willing to endure the August heat, in spite of me reminding her of our very first trip to WDW when she was 8 in that brutal August heat...that trip did not go well. Maybe it was the cast on her broken wrist.... Sorry, I digress. So I'm back at the World in 66 days...in August. Please shoot me.

Oh gosh YES!! If you are going holiday season, the Cabins are a must to go to. All the camper owners decorate their sites. Check youtube out for that. I have seen videos.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My phone died in the middle of typing that comment.lol. I hit send to save it. Oops.

Central Florida is horrid in the summer.. humidity and no ocean! But, there's enough AC at Disney.. and you can always jump in Casey Jr's Splash n Soak ;)

My kid complains in heat, and loves the cold. I'm still wondering if he was switched at birth..

Nah, while they're standing in line waiting for Na'vi, I'll be watching Lion King in the A/C. Disney has tiered Pandora, so our FP will be used for FoP. I rode Na'vi several times during preview so I'm good.

I'm only going because I've yet to see RoL (amazing how tired you can be after running 22.4 miles, been up at 3:00 am three days in a row and have no energy for anything past 6:00 pm). And I want to do the safari in the evening again...and eat a pizza at Via Napoli. I've got my priorities straight, don't you think?

21stamps

Original Poster
Nah, while they're standing in line waiting for Na'vi, I'll be watching Lion King in the A/C. Disney has tiered Pandora, so our FP will be used for FoP. I rode Na'vi several times during preview so I'm good.

I'm only going because I've yet to see RoL (amazing how tired you can be after running 22.4 miles, been up at 3:00 am three days in a row and have no energy for anything past 6:00 pm). And I want to do the safari in the evening again...and eat a pizza at Via Napoli. I've got my priorities straight, don't you think?

Ha ha. Sounds perfect!

epcotisbest

So @21stamps I had a little fun teasing you about changing plans, but on a serious note, GF and AKL are both good places to spend some resort time and you can always go over to FW and rent bikes to ride around there again.
Hope you do get to spend some time taking advantage of all the fun things to do at AKL. It is a beautiful place.
Whatever you decide, I'm confident you will have a good trip.

aw14

Currently booked at GF theme park view 4 nights AKL savanna view 3 nights. Thanksgiving weekend and following week. .

Debating on switching GF to one of them, or AKL to the latter 2..all of these were sold out previously.

The Contemporary (theme park view)

Or

Boulder Ridge Villas (WL is sold out)

Or

Ft Wilderness Cabin. (Would rent a golf cart)

I worry about Boulder Ridge because of the view or lack of...I guess ft Wilderness has the same problem technically.lol
I worry about the crowded/noisy lobby at CR, as well as multiple security checks when taking monorail to dine at Poly and GF.

What would you do?

ET

Have stayed at CR theme park view before and its amazing. Also stayed at AKL Savanna view and it was great as well. Also stayed at both club level with those views...outstanding. Those would be my choices.

Actually will be at CR club level in 11 days

21stamps

Original Poster
Have stayed at CR theme park view before and its amazing. Also stayed at AKL Savanna view and it was great as well. Also stayed at both club level with those views...outstanding. Those would be my choices.

Actually will be at CR club level in 11 days

Awesome! Have fun!!

epcotisbest

Ha ha. I wish.. I don't have @Courtney6682 's vacation time. This is our 3rd and last family trip for minimum 1 year, maybe til Star Wars Land opens. So I think I'm stressing even more than last year, if possible.lol

Stressing?
A very wise person said this just a few weeks ago in another thread -
"Here's my goal for our 2017 November trip.. book 2 resorts- do NOT change them."
Can't remember who it was but I think it was K.

21stamps

Original Poster
Stressing?
A very wise person said this just a few weeks ago in another thread -
"Here's my goal for our 2017 November trip.. book 2 resorts- do NOT change them."
Can't remember who it was but I think it was K.

Ha. Touché.
As of right now, I am currently off AT LEAST 16 days in Aug....don't hate me pal!

Omg that's so awesome!!! I'm green, completely green.

Don't hate me...I'm on permanent vacation... :joyfull:

I do hate you for that ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom