Should I sell my BLT and buy BWV or VGF?

Disneykidder

Original Poster
We are current owners at BLT and VGF. My hubby doesn't care for BLT. We were tossing around the idea of selling our BLT contract and buying either BWV, which we absolutely love, or another VGF, which we also love. The BLT is paid off. We don't want to lose any money on the deal and I know that we would lose years with BWV so prob. another VGF or Poly? I'm so confused.
Any advise would be super.

ToTBellHop

We are current owners at BLT and VGF. My hubby doesn't care for BLT. We were tossing around the idea of selling our BLT contract and buying either BWV, which we absolutely love, or another VGF, which we also love. The BLT is paid off. We don't want to lose any money on the deal and I know that we would lose years with BWV so prob. another VGF or Poly? I'm so confused.
Any advise would be super.
You can get a BWV resale for probably half the price per point as buying more points at VGF ($80 vs. $160) and it's still good through 2042. I'd go with that. This way you could alternate between VGF and BWV for the next 27 years and be happy campers. By 2042, see if you still even want all of those points once your kids are grown. You may be happy to just have the VGF contract from that point on. Lots of people want lots of points when their kids are young and then regret having them all later.

bubster

We have most of our points at BLT and would not sell to buy BWV.
Resale prices for BLT are running from $117 to $139 per point so depending on when you bought and what you paid you may or may not lose much money if you sell. Unless you need the 11 month booking advantage for standard or bw views you can usually get BWV at 7 months. The price of VGF and Poly will not save you any money. But the heart wants what it wants...best of luck with your decision.

Vipor51

Maybe I am crazy but I don't think selling BLT to go for BWV is something I would consider. I have been watching the resale market for awhile now as i just added another 160 points to my BLT membership and it seems as if BLT resale prices keep going up fairly rapidly. I originally bought a resale at 88 a point and there is no way a BLT resale contract would sell any where near that right now.

Crafty

Maybe I am crazy but I don't think selling BLT to go for BWV is something I would consider. I have been watching the resale market for awhile now as i just added another 160 points to my BLT membership and it seems as if BLT resale prices keep going up fairly rapidly. I originally bought a resale at 88 a point and there is no way a BLT resale contract would sell any where near that right now.

Financially speaking, I would hang on to the BLT points. The maintenance is cheap and the points are paid for. BLT is very popular and the points have been appreciating.

However, we just sold a contract at a resort because we didn't like staying there. Owning those points was making us sad. I regard that as a very legitimate reason for selling. Since you know that you like VGF, I would add on there. It is a small resort and difficult to trade into. If you own all your points at one resort, it will feel more like 'home'.

Disneykidder

Original Poster
Thank you all for the responses. If we sold BLT and went with BWV, sure we'd get back almost $6k but the years we'd gain by keeping BLT plus the lower dues makes it financially worth it. Plus we plan to gift the contracts to our children eventually so those years will be useful. If anything, we would sell it for another VGF. We eventually want a third contract so we will probably just get that at VGF when the time is right.

Thanks all!!!

JAG107

I would absolutely keep the BLT and just book at BWV/VGF when you can/want. As stated previously, the years and lower dues are what make BLT a good value. And do you really want to hassle with selling, then buying again? Not to mention commissions, closing costs, etc.
Worst, case, you "have" to stay at BLT. Maybe you don't agree with this, but being able to WALK to MK from BLT is a big selling point. Sure the theme isn't that spectacular, but the ability to walk out of MK after fireworks, and just smile and shake your head at the hordes of guests queued up at the bus station, monorail and ferry boats is a magical experience of its own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom