Should Disney be embarassed about length of construction time? Look at what UNI has done in two year

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgp602

Original Poster
There has been a lot of discussion about the length of time it has taken WDW to complete the SDMT and the Fantasyland expansion as a whole. Whatever side of the debate you are on, I think that everyone will be in awe of what Universal Studios has been able to accomplish in less than two years with regards to the new Harry Potter Land. Here is a link to a story on CNN about the new land. I also went to the Universal web site which has a sneak preview of the expansion. WOW...if it is half as good and detailed as it appears, score one for UNI. I feel Disney should be embarrassed with the amount of time it has taken them to complete this project. What do you think?

Here is the link:

www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/travel/wizarding-world-harry-potter-diagon/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

Let the debate begin....

SJN1279

There has been a lot of discussion about the length of time it has taken WDW to complete the SDMT and the Fantasyland expansion as a whole. Whatever side of the debate you are on, I think that everyone will be in awe of what Universal Studios has been able to accomplish in less than two years with regards to the new Harry Potter Land. Here is a link to a story on CNN about the new land. I also went to the Universal web site which has a sneak preview of the expansion. WOW...if it is half as good and detailed as it appears, score one for UNI. I feel Disney should be embarrassed with the amount of time it has taken them to complete this project. What do you think?

Here is the link:

www.cnn.com/2014/01/23/travel/wizarding-world-harry-potter-diagon/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

Let the debate begin....

No. Especially f it is anything like Potter 1(with cramped walkways and a marquee ride that makes guests sick). Wait and see or ride. :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I remember as a kid when BTMRR was built. It took around 18 months. In today's Disney climate I bet it would take, 14.316 years (give or take) and they would announce it 7.42 years and 8.456 days before construction was to begin.

Mr. Moderate

Disney management just doesn't care anymore and knows that a good part of their customer base will take and accept whatever crap that Disney serves up on a plate for them. It's sad, but it's true. As a former diehard, Disney can do no wrong, fan of their parks, I've sadly accepted this over the years. The FLE expansion is almost a joke compared to how fast WDW could build attractions if they wanted to like in years past and look how fast DVC resorts get built. You really didn't notice it as bad, until Universal really stepped up a few years ago with the orginal HP section in IOA. USO is no longer the 2nd rate park that just 10 to 8 years ago, WDW fans on message boards were dismissing and calling it a joke.

DManRightHere

No reason to pay up the ying yang for fast construction when you're already winning.

Universal is having a good run right now and trying to catch up.

Does it suck for us Disney is slower? Yes. But theres no reason for them to overspend for speed right now. Disney does need to make more attraction/land announcements though.

gccgrad1996

Here is the link:

Let the debate begin....
I couldn't agree more. The Universal Studios expansion is where I am heading, not Avatar.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

Here is the link:

Let the debate begin....
Curious as to what part of the construction, theme park, or entertainment industry you work in?

lebeau

No reason to pay up the ying yang for fast construction when you're already winning.

Universal is having a good run right now and trying to catch up.

Does it suck for us Disney is slower? Yes. But theres no reason for them to overspend for speed right now. Disney does need to make more attraction/land announcements though.

It's not about paying more to get it done faster. It's about spreading the cost out across multiple years to make the spreadsheets look nicer.

Yes, Disney should be embarassed. Universal is showing them up by doing what they used to do.

dgp602

Original Poster
Curious as to what part of the construction, theme park, or entertainment industry you work in?
Oh, I'm sorry... I wasn't aware that unless I work in one of these fields, I am not entitled to an opinion. So according to your rules, everyone who is a member of this forum cannot have an opinion about the ongoing construction involving Disney Springs, Avatar or Mine train construction UNLESS they are involved in the construction, theme park or entertainment industry?

Did you hear that everyone? You can now only comment on threads where you have personal, working knowledge of the field in which you are commenting about....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Oh, I'm sorry... I wasn't aware that unless I work in one of these fields, I am not entitled to an opinion. So according to your rules, everyone who is a member of this forum cannot have an opinion about the ongoing construction involving Disney Springs, Avatar or Mine train construction UNLESS they are involved in the construction, theme park or entertainment industry?

Did you hear that everyone? You can now only comment on threads where you have personal, working knowledge of the field in which you are commenting about....
It was just a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom