Shopping question

Since1971

We leave next week and I've been thinking about the gifts that we are going to bring back. If we purchase items while out in the parks, can they be delivered directly to our hotel (we are staying at the Grand Floridian)? I don't want to be stuck carrying things around the parks all day, especially if we are going to bounce around from one to another. Thanks!

JasonDeyoung

We leave next week and I've been thinking about the gifts that we are going to bring back. If we purchase items while out in the parks, can they be delivered directly to our hotel (we are staying at the Grand Floridian)? I don't want to be stuck carrying things around the parks all day, especially if we are going to bounce around from one to another. Thanks!
Yes they can be delivered to your resort. Not sure how GF does it, but some will be delivered to the resorts gift shop and you pick it up there. Though I have had them brought to my room before as well

Upvote 0

Since1971

Original Poster
Yes they can be delivered to your resort. Not sure how GF does it, but some will be delivered to the resorts gift shop and you pick it up there. Though I have had them brought to my room before as well
Thanks so much! This is great news! I had visions of dragging shopping bags around and it wasn't pretty....

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Any park guests (staying on property or not) can have purchases delivered to the front gate area for pickup. (Exact location varies by park) I think they do say it takes something like 2 hours to get there, so much like the resort delivery you cannot wait to late and still expect them to be delivered up front.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Though I have had them brought to my room before as well
I believe they stopped after after claims from dishonest guests that stuff was missing from their bags and Disney provided a duplicate, thus giving the dishonest guest a "buy one get one free" scenario
ship back to your resort is only valid up to two days before departure.
That's changed since our last visit, it was up to the day before departure

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

I believe they stopped after after claims from dishonest guests that stuff was missing from their bags and Disney provided a duplicate, thus giving the dishonest guest a "buy one get one free" scenario

That's changed since our last visit, it was up to the day before departure
Ah that'd make sense! I only had it done once which was years ago so I'm not really to up to date on all that back to room shopping stuff but I can def see ppl trying to take adv of it like that.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Yes they can be delivered. We also try and save shopping till the last day or 2, so we've already been everywhere and have an idea what we really want.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Something not mentioned yet is that Disney will not transport any food items via package delivery (both front-of-the-park delivery and hotel delivery). This applies to any food item, even packaged and sealed items like coffee, tea, cookies and candy.

Also, when you want package delivery, make sure to mention it at the *start* of the sales transaction. The Cast Member has to ring it in the register before payment, and you can start filling out the paperwork while they're scanning your items.

-Rob

Upvote 0

lyssehm

They apparently also will not deliver the "You Are Here" mugs from the starbucks locations. I learned my lesson and ended up buying the rest of them right before I was exiting the park.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Yes they can be delivered. We also try and save shopping till the last day or 2, so we've already been everywhere and have an idea what we really want.

Wait??? Me wait???? :eek: Oh... you should see my resort room. :jawdrop: Every day theres a call from the resort gift shop informing me that I have a package waiting for me to pick up from a park I've visited. Its like Christmas....I cant wait to get back to the room and tear into those bags and revisit what I bought a day or two before. Then the last day... its over to DTD to shop for those last things we avoided buying or couldnt decide if we really wanted them or not. I make sure every penny I've budgeted for Disney splurging is gone before we leave for home..... You should see my Disney room...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Rob562

They apparently also will not deliver the "You Are Here" mugs from the starbucks locations. I learned my lesson and ended up buying the rest of them right before I was exiting the park.

That's odd... Good to know for my friend who is planning on buying all of them when we're down there next week... (Well, except AK unless they unexpectedly open early)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom