Shoe tree off River country

SnowFire

It's sort of a tradition, CP assigned to water crafts leave their shoes in the tree on their last day of work.

We were told this same thing by one of the captains of a boat taking us to WL. Unfortunately, I don't know how to confirm if this story is true. :shrug:

Robfasto

Not sure what it is about but here it is...

ShoeTree.jpg

fizzle75

When we stayed at WL last December we used to pass this tree all of the time on the ferry ride to MK, I was wondering about it also.:shrug:

CrashNet

Figment82

Okay I am now completely addicted to looking around live.local :)

I had no idea Fort Wilderness covered such a large spanse of land, but now I'm searching to see if I can find any train track remnants. Does anyone happen to know where they are located?

CrashNet

Okay I am now completely addicted to looking around live.local :)

I had no idea Fort Wilderness covered such a large spanse of land, but now I'm searching to see if I can find any train track remnants. Does anyone happen to know where they are located?
It is addictive isn't it? Whats cool is the arial view shots are a couple years older than the perspective view. You can look at a spot in arial mode first, then switch to the other view and the same spot looks completely different.

I've found all kinds of neat things using Live Local.

Figment82

Oh yes, I'm quite familiar with that site. But unfortunately it doesn't mention where the tracks are still located, just that they exist (and they may have even been taken out since this site was made).

But I'm completely taking this thread off-topic, sorry!

AndyS2992

Former Watercraft CP here. Launches and Cruisers, 2000-2001. I can confirm, those are the shoes of former Watercraft CMs. Not just CPs as I recall. I miss those days. Assuming the boats don't start driving themselves, I intend to retire sailing the Seven Seas (Lagoon). Thanks for the nostalgia.
Thanks for the info and welcome to the boards.

Never noticed this! Will have to keep an eye out for it next time I am in the area.
This thread has been bumped from 2007, ten years ago. Not sure if the shoes are even still there lol

Tick Tock

Assuming the boats don't start driving themselves, I intend to retire sailing the Seven Seas (Lagoon). Thanks for the nostalgia.
If anything, Disney will need a much larger fleet of boats & water taxis by then. Everybody and their brother and their dog seem to have the same dream of being captain upon the waters of WDW when they retire.

Interesting fact: When this thread first started, George W. Bush still had nearly 2 years left of his presidency, and Expedition Everest had only been open for just over 1 year. Let that sink in for a second.

Gelatoni

I still need to see that movie but i spent the day at epcot. Can you believe that giant mickey hand with the wand next to spaceship earth?

Last edited:

Bacon

Former Watercraft CP here. Launches and Cruisers, 2000-2001. I can confirm, those are the shoes of former Watercraft CMs. Not just CPs as I recall. I miss those days. Assuming the boats don't start driving themselves, I intend to retire sailing the Seven Seas (Lagoon). Thanks for the nostalgia.
Sience you were a boat captain can you drive me out of this 10 year old thread?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom