shipping package question

coltow

Original Poster
I had planned on shipping myself a package to resort when I go next month. My cousin is going to be at WDW 2 weeks before me with a car. She has offered to drop off a package at resort and save me the shipping. Is this allowed?

HRHPrincessAriel

I always try to weigh cost vs time. $6 wouldn't be worth it to me to have someone go out of their way to drop something off. $25ish+ would be where I would start to look for other options.

slappy magoo

I don't think the resort would be too keen on holding something for 2 weeks, and I'm sure, if they were to agree to it, they'd make it very clear they wouldn't be responsible were anything to happen to your package. Honestly, for 6 bucks, it's worth using Amazon Pantry, IMO.

LizC

Some resorts charge you to bring it to your room. I ordered from Amazon and Boardwalk charged me a $25 fee.

HRHPrincessAriel

Some resorts charge you to bring it to your room. I ordered from Amazon and Boardwalk charged me a $25 fee.
That's crazy. Did you ask them to? The delivered our pantry package with our DME stuff for no charge. We had to order a suitcase while we were there. I just picked it up at the desk. I had assumed we would have done the same with our Pantry stuff and just considered it a bonus when they brought it up.

LizC

I don't remember if I asked them or they offered. I had just gotten off a flight with two 2 year olds, I just wanted up to that room! They brought the stuff up with our luggage, and I tipped $20. A week later I see a $25 charge, and they tell me it was because of the Amazon stuff.

Edit: I was annoyed and they did take it off, but they told me not to expect that next time I come. So will not be having anything shipped on my next trip.

Tuvalu

I have read in various places that the resorts with conference centers charge a fee for package delivery. Resorts without a conference center do not.

Magical Dreamer

We've always had such perfection from gardengrocer.com there's never a thought to look elsewhere....fresh fruit etc has always been top quality. They continually have exceeded expectations.

HRHPrincessAriel

We've always had such perfection from gardengrocer.com there's never a thought to look elsewhere....fresh fruit etc has always been top quality. They continually have exceeded expectations.
They were almost $25 more for what we wanted/needed. That included delivery.Granted we didn't have any perishables. I just packed some milk boxes, fruit cups and pouches for the kiddo.

stichrules

The reason is it is a convention resort. Any convention resort has an additional charge regardless of whether they deliver to the room or not. We stayed at BLT a few years back and had shipped a package and CR charged me $15 when I walked down to pick it up. Beware if you are staying at a convention resort.

asialeigh

I had planned on shipping myself a package to resort when I go next month. My cousin is going to be at WDW 2 weeks before me with a car. She has offered to drop off a package at resort and save me the shipping. Is this allowed?

You can do this. The resort would likely have her fill out a "guest to guest" delivery form and hold the package in the back office until you arrive. I would call your resort to verify this though as it may be different for each resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom