Shipping fragiles

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Has anyone had any luck shipping home very fragile things like Christmas ornaments? I always want to buy some, but I am afraid to take them on the plane for fear that the TSA will think I am trying to bring the plane down with a mickey ornament. I'm also afraid to have it shipped because I see how FedEx and UPS handle packages.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
We bought some at the Christmas Store in Magic Kingdom. We had them box and ship the ornaments. We felt the cost was reasonable and they arrived safe & sound two days after we got home. So, go for it!! :)

G00fyDad

Original Poster
We bought some at the Christmas Store in Magic Kingdom. We had them box and ship the ornaments. We felt the cost was reasonable and they arrived safe & sound two days after we got home. So, go for it!! :)

Thank you. There are some really nice ones, and now that I am a grandfather for the first time (8 month old) I want to buy one for him from Disney.

officialtom

Sadly the prices to ship to Canada make you wonder if they're flown here via Tasmania, so anything we buy gets wrapped in clothes and stowed (with fingers and toes crossed). I got a 1x3' glass framed print home last year successfully, and we've also gotten two highly fragile rink ornaments here without damage.

rob0519

Buy ornaments and other fragile items each trip. Have the shop pack and ship. Never a broken item. I have no idea about the costs for international shipping though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom