Ship to Resort from Home?

Thunder Fan

Original Poster
Is it possible to ship items from home to your resort? We are doing a rundisney event and was thinking it would be a great option to just send a box with all the gear.

Chaset24

We use to ship a box of snacks and other items to the resorts we were at. Although, some times the stuff we sent would be a little beat up..o_O I know that Amazon Pantry also delivers to the resorts.. I think I heard that you can order that day and get it in a couple of hours.

mousehockey37

You may want to go and research a little. There was something a few weeks ago where they're adding fees when you ship stuff (packages from home) to your resort for your visit. If I can find it, I'll update this post.

dreamfinder

You can definitely ship to your resort from home, but you will most likely be charged a $5 per box handling fee, and it may take them several hours before the box gets delivered to your room. This fee may be charged for pretty much any delivery, unless it comes from one of the services that deliver fresh foods like Garden Grocer, WeGoShop, or Amazon Prime Now!. Regular Amazon orders and anything else that is delivered FedEx/UPS/USPS may be assessed the fee.

Personally as a runner, I would never ship my stuff down to a race. I wear my shoes and stuff the essentials on my carry on just to make sure I have it. Having to get new stuff at the last minute from the expo just doesn't sit well with me if the box got lost or delayed.

JIMINYCR

Yes they are charging fees. More & more people are shipping things to their resorts to save on flying with the airlines charging added fees for luggage or weighty luggage. A while ago Disney saw a fairly huge increase in packages showing up for incoming guests and with handling and storing packages, they decided a fee was necessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom