Sharknado 3 and Universal Orlando

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
There is a thread about the wacky movie already, but did any Uni fans see this?

Half the movie takes place at Universal Orlando. Tara Ried's (if that's how you spell it) character and her mother, played by Bo Derek, decide it's a great idea to go there, even though Tara is days away from giving birth. And of course a Sharknado is coming.

I really enjoyed the movie for what it was - a purposefully cheesy, campy, lunatic asylum of a film with craptastic acting and worse special effects.

It won't win a single award but it might just sell a huge number of Universal vacations because basically, at least half of this was a shameless plug for the park, including extended on ride scenes, and a well filmed plug for Cabana Bay, where Bo and Tara were staying.

I am a sucker for trash tv and loved this, but what did you guys think of the Universal elements?

Anyone think there is a Sharknado house in our future at Halloween Horror Nights?

JT3000

Nope, haven't seen it. Nor the first two. My only experience with the Sharknado films is contemplating why they exist and how there could possibly be three of them now. Like... really.

Last edited:

BrianV

Nope, haven't seen it. Nor the first two. My only experience with the Sharknado films is contemplating why they exist and how there could possibly be three of them now. Like... really.

Haven't seen either.

Have you been able to answer your existential question? I can't understand why good movies (sequel to Serenity, etc) aren't made, yet we get three of these?!? Though I may need to watch this one to see the universal tie ins!

danpam1024

Just watched it last night- I LOVED IT! Took the cheesiness to a whole new level-spectacular! The amount of cameos were amazing (especially Z Nation woman). Totally fun. I had NO IDEA it was almost completely filmed at UOR- any idea when that happened? Park wasn't too busy. Funny how you couldn't see Simpson's and DA AT ALL in the movie (I'm sure for legal reasons). Nice way to advertise the resort, actually brilliant. How many times did they say Cabana Bay Beach Resort? LOL!

chrisd68

I watched this at the weekend and it was one of the most bizarre but strangely entertaining films I've watched in a long time.

Although the acting and script are terrible it's still a film you can't stop watching once you start - definitely a cult classic!

draybook

I watched this the other night. I was unable to spell my name or tie my shoes for the next 24 hours. I found those lost brain cells cowering underneath my computer desk. They begged me to never torture them like that again.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom