Shark Reef to close at Typhoon Lagoon

durangojim

Noooooo!
I have such fond memories of that as a kid, and my own children got to try it for the first time this past summer. At least they got to try it I guess. This is definitely worse news than Maelstrom.

darth-vader-nooooo.jpg

Last edited:

surfsupdon

Ahhh!

Please only be a rumor. This is an excellent attraction, and something that made WDW incredibly unique...a water park where you can snorkel with the sharks and other awesome creatures.

This would be a huge loss. Please don't be true.

Like others, I remember my first time in the Reef with my dad, I was terrified but I loved it aftewards.

BrerJon

Please no!

The water parks are one of the few WDW bright spots, largely unaffected by the cost cutting measures that have infected the 4 theme parks and hotels.

Shark Reef is a joy in the best traditions of Old School WDW.

Please don't let this rumor be true. :(

I'm with you on this - this to me is also worse than Maelstrom, Off Kilter, Backlot Tour and the rest. Rides can come and go, but this was an experience like no other, and the fact it was included in the (still quite reasonable) water park entry ticket - compared to the cost of something like Discovery Cove's dolphin swimming - was quite amazing.

No doubt "guests have told us they want more sun lounger space" and it will be concreted over. So sad.

Last edited:

DVCPluto

I, too, am bummed. We were going to do the water parks for the first time with my little dude this summer - I know it's not all about me, but such a unique attraction is a shame to lose. Hope it's just a rumor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom