Shanghai phase 2

Robbiemoo

Original Poster
ok guys now we've seen what's in Shanghai Disneyland does anyone have any ideas/guesses for the next stage buildout?

This tread is intended as a positive look at the future so please no negativity

Here are my guesses:

Fantasyland trackless dark ride. Fantasyland looks like it needs more dark rides. Something along the lines of Hunny Hunt would be a good next step. My guess would be a trackless frozen ride

It's a small world - every resort needs this. Nuff said

Indiana jones adventure- a guess here but looks a good fit for Adventure isle and it's not in Hong Kong

Tomorrowland whip ride - tomorrowland looks a bit light on attractions and the park needs some c and d tickets. Something along the lines of the alien ride planned for DHS or the bay max ride in Tokyo, maybe with a Wall-e theme

Up attraction - the mountain in Adventure isle looks a lot like paradise falls to me - maybe some sort of up ride will be added in future

What does everyone else think?

RandySavage

The below plan shows what space they have available to help shape your guesswork:

Red represents long-term expansion pads that currently have "temporary" attractions on them (so they probably won't be used soon), such as Star Wars Launch Bay, Marvel Exhibit and the outdoor cafe where Toy Story Land was supposed to go.

Pink represents a future Deluxe Hotel (likely Adventure theme to mesh with the nearby themed land.

Blue are open pads that are readily available.
Shanghai Expansion plots.jpg

Very early long-term plans called for Everest and Haunted Mansion in the one New Land pad. I'm guessing those plans have changed.

A film-maker working on Burton's Alice sequel mentioned a ride in the works, but that will be a tricky fit (considering the parade route and access to the big expansion land) given the space near the Maze, as you can see.

WDW74 mentioned a Capt America coaster in addition to the above, but if you build it in or just above (TSPL) Tomorrowland, then you have two similar rides (Tron) next to each other. Maybe they're considering a Marvel land in the big northeast pad behind 7DMT...

Robbiemoo

Original Poster
Thanks RandySavage that map is really interesting. The land east of fantasyland looks like a new land - I wonder if this will be the first overseas Star Wars land?

The hotel plot looks huge - will be interesting to see an Adventureland hotel, maybe something like Alualani or the Animal kingdom lodge

No Name

As said above, WDW1974 says "phase two" currently calls for Everest, a live-action Alice ride, and a Marvel coaster of some sort. The plans for the Alice ride were confirmed by someone working on the movie.

Toy Story Land was in the original plans for opening day, but somewhere late in the process they got rid of that. At first, I thought it was just being pushed back for a later date, but it increasingly looks like it was cut for good. And I'm more than fine with that.

They have a ton of expansion room, as we can see from the map, so that's not an issue. By the way, shouldn't the land originally intended for TSL have a blue circle? There's nothing on it right now, other than construction/backstage stuff, is there? Also, I suppose the nice, colorful grass and water circle area before tomorrowland could be expanded onto in the far future. But I'm just being picky, it really doesn't matter. The point is, there's a ton of space.

I just hope they use it well.

lazyboy97o

Thanks RandySavage that map is really interesting. The land east of fantasyland looks like a new land - I wonder if this will be the first overseas Star Wars land?
That is the plot where the master plan has had a clone of Expedition Everest placed along with a dark ride and a dueling spinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom