Shanghai Disneyland Revealed

Minnie Melia

Adventure Isle might have been the least hyped land, but MAN is there some promising stuff here.

Get ready for another mountain, Roaring Mountain, featuring the flagship ride of the land, Roaring Rapids.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2015/07/NSHRI7489571-550x377.jpg
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2015/07/NSHRI7489572-550x333.jpg
Other attractions in Adventure Isle include the promised Soaring Over the Horizon, a new play area called "Camp Discovery", and a Tarzan stage show.

@Eoin Mc Andrew :O the last one!!!!

Communicore

It looks modern, and I bet it won't be like New Fantasyland which is of course, on the cheap. I will rank this higher than MK, for sure.

FigmentForver96

So I may get some flack for this, but I actually applaud Bob Iger for making this park more unique. Much better then the simple copy and paste model that Hong Kong Disney followed. (Hong Kong Disney is a great park with many unique experiences NOW)

While I am not overly fond of Iger nor his handling with the Shanghai situation, I do like the overall uniqueness to the resort. No Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion etc, but new ride experiences that make Shanghai different from the rest.

omurice

A collection of thoughts.
It all looks breath-taking, wonderful new lands and new attractions, plus interesting new takes on old attractions.
This seems to be the very first "castle park" with no train. Perhaps they were trying not to limit the park immediately with the train and berm setup, and there's just no context in this part of the world with a circa 1900 steam train (since no Main Street USA either). But I love the trains being a key element of a castle park, a train transports your mind and body to far away places, it is magical.

This new paradigm for a Disney castle park will take getting used. The lands seem very well thought out, except for Mickey Avenue - the placement of that seems jarring to walk right into a cartoon mini-land on the way in. But every piece of art so far looks amazing.
The videos on the Chinese site are much longer and reveal a lot more visual information than Parks Blog, thanks to the poster!

Suffering from PARK ENVY at all the next-level theming, if they actually pull this rabbit out of this hat in Shanghai. A castle park with the vast spread out feeling you get in Epcot seems like both a wonderful thing, and a mixed blessing too - if crowded, it could take 2+ days to experience all of this one park, but pity on their aching feet! :)

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

So I may get some flack for this, but I actually applaud Bob Iger for making this park more unique. Much better then the simple copy and paste model that Hong Kong Disney followed. (Hong Kong Disney is a great park with many unique experiences NOW)

While I am not overly fond of Iger nor his handling with the Shanghai situation, I do like the overall uniqueness to the resort. No Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion etc, but new ride experiences that make Shanghai different from the rest.
Iger isn't the one pushing for park uniqueness. The park's majority owners want to see evidence of their investment, versus the duping of Hong Kong.

brb1006

I bet once Shangahi Disneyland finally opens. Shijingshan amusement park (A ripoff of Disneyland complete with a tagline which mocks Disney) might finally be closed.. I'm surprised the park is still open
9371426594_ea23e6a403.jpg

Fox&Hound

I bet once Shangahi Disneyland finally opens. Shijingshan amusement park (A ripoff of Disneyland complete with a tagline which mocks Disney) might finally be closed.. I'm surprised the park is still open
9371426594_ea23e6a403.jpg
Just looked that park up Wow- that's insane. Can we say copyright?

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
^ not gonna lie, that castle reminds me a lot of the Walt Disney Pictures castle before Disney movies start. Must be all the water and odd proportions.

FutureCEO

Sorry for the interesting website title but it was the only website that had more than a few pictures pop up.

The park looks amazing if they keep it this way. I will never go to China unless I somehow have to go there so I won't get to experience smog, bad guests, communist government the seemly wonderful park.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Sorry for the interesting website title but it was the only website that had more than a few pictures pop up.

The park looks amazing if they keep it this way. I will never go to China unless I somehow have to go there so I won't get to experience smog, bad guests, communist government the seemly wonderful park.
I would think as the CEO you would have occasion to visit, even if you are sequestered to your room.

Wikkler

Original Poster
This seems to be the very first "castle park" with no train.
Tokyo Disneyland's train only goes between Adventureland and Westernland, but this is the first castle park with no train at all upon opening.
The park will be the largest Disneyland-style park, by a wide margin.
Weird how this will be the largest castle park, but the one with the fewest attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom