Shanghai Disneyland anticipation

jrhwdw

Grand opening of Shanghai to be telecast on Disney Channel Networks (Disney Channel,Disney, XD, and Disney Junior) on June 19th
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news...-disneyland-telecast-disney-channel-networks/
SHDLR1923.jpg
These are Disney channels in the US, correct? I'm not seeing it on TV Guide's and Zap2it's websites.

No Name

Less than 90 minutes till opening. I bet Brian and Lazyboy are in the front of the pack!

Of course I hope that this is opening is successful and that the park operates well. But moreso, I hope that everyone at the park tomorrow (today in Shanghai), this week, this year, and forever after has a safe visit. Today is an exciting day for the company, for everyone involved, and for the people in China. And I hope this park will bring joy and inspiration to a whole lot of people for years to come.

Sped2424

Let the Disco gator jokes begin.
Edit just watched the video this was even worse than disco yeti at least nothing about the Yeti is exposed wires and machinery..

lazyboy97o

Less than 90 minutes till opening. I bet Brian and Lazyboy are in the front of the pack!

Of course I hope that this is opening is successful and that the park operates well. But moreso, I hope that everyone at the park tomorrow (today in Shanghai), this week, this year, and forever after has a safe visit. Today is an exciting day for the company, for everyone involved, and for the people in China. And I hope this park will bring joy and inspiration to a whole lot of people for years to come.
I was not in town for the opening and have left Shanghai. Hoping Skull Island soft opens today. Rode Mako not too long ago.

Sped2424

The attractions are already opened as I heard. But it's going to be a while until we get any new videos from any of the attractions now that the resort is open.
That's not what I mean! I mean this is the only attraction that soft opened with the major show stopping feature being completely open and in a non show like state! Even if the park didn't officially open if your major animatronic has wires and it's infrastructure open and directed towards guests for them to see then the ride should not be in softs!

No Name

That's not what I mean! I mean this is the only attraction that soft opened with the major show stopping feature being completely open and in a non show like state! Even if the park didn't officially open if your major animatronic has wires and it's infrastructure open and directed towards guests for them to see then the ride should not be in softs!

That's exactly why it did not open for general trial operations, only a few special people (who were well aware of the situation) got to ride it before the 16th. The one video we have was taken by one of those few special people.

We have yet to see a video of someone riding it since then. I'm sure the animatronic is less exposed now. But I support Disney's decision to have it open for opening day, because it helped with crowds, and because people who knew the animatronic was broken just wanted to ride it anyway. And it should remain open. If you think they should keep it closed it because the animatronic isn't working, well then, I guess Everest should've been closed since 2007.

EDIT: BrianLo informed us that it is open and the animatronic is fully working. Yay!

I was not in town for the opening and have left Shanghai. Hoping Skull Island soft opens today. Rode Mako not too long ago.

Ah okay, thanks.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom