Shades of Green renovation

Rteetz

Original Poster
Shades of Green is going to be renovated supposedly starting in the first quarter of 2017. The project will cost $40+ million and will include renovation of the magnolia building interior, re-roofing, and new exterior painting of the entire resort. The project will happen in 3 phases and take 19 months overall.

Shades of Green is going to be renovated supposedly starting in the first quarter of 2017. The project will cost $40+ million and will include renovation of the magnolia building interior, re-roofing, and new exterior painting of the entire resort. The project will happen in 3 phases and take 19 months overall.
Didn't they just finish a renovation, of at least the rooms, in the past year or so?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
ITS DOD, A BRANCH OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!! OF COURSE TAX DOLLARS ARE BEING USED! You are being obtuse...
Not one single dime of federal tax dollars goes to pay for anything there.

Edit to add: The Armed Forces Recreation Center is a resort serving members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. The AFRC Resorts were built and financed by Service Members own funds and now operates on a self-sustaining basis.

James Norrie

Are you familiar with AFRC, MWR, or the term non-appropriated funds? He wasn't being obtuse, but you are wrong.
I'm very familiar with NAF's, AFRC and MWR. NAF's come from 2 sources: Locally Generated Funds and Those from Installation Management Command. IMC is where all facilities costs come from, and their source is The US BUDGET. Hence, As SoG is a Facility in the AFRC realm, they are being upgraded/renovated by taxpayer dollars. Try again...

(And just so you know I have zero issue with it, I am a Veteran, and though I have never used SoG, I believe in it's purpose and think it should actually be larger and open to more). I was just saying they could've pulled the normal DoD routine and went way overboard on costs... See Afghanistan for reference...

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm very familiar with NAF's, AFRC and MWR. NAF's come from 2 sources: Locally Generated Funds and Those from Installation Management Command. IMC is where all facilities costs come from, and their source is The US BUDGET. Hence, As SoG is a Facility in the AFRC realm, they are being upgraded/renovated by taxpayer dollars. Try again...

(And just so you know I have zero issue with it, I am a Veteran, and though I have never used SoG, I believe in it's purpose and think it should actually be larger and open to more). I was just saying they could've pulled the normal DoD routine and went way overboard on costs... See Afghanistan for reference...
Wrong again. See my post above yours. But I'll add it again for you:

The Armed Forces Recreation Center is a resort serving members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. The AFRC Resorts were built and financed by Service Members own funds and now operates on a self-sustaining basis.

And yes, I am also a veteran, and have stayed there. Beautiful resort.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was recently a $7.4 million renovation to support the Invictus Games. From this press release:

https://www.stellar.net/resources/n...esort-to-accommodate-2016-invictus-games.aspx

"Funding for the design and construction of this facility is paid for with U.S. Army Non-appropriated Funds (NAF) provided by Soldiers, Military Families and authorized users of these Family & Morale Welfare Recreation (MWR) facilities"

James Norrie

Wrong again. See my post above yours. But I'll add it again for you:

The Armed Forces Recreation Center is a resort serving members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. The AFRC Resorts were built and financed by Service Members own funds and now operates on a self-sustaining basis.

And yes, I am also a veteran, and have stayed there. Beautiful resort.

c. All Category C programs are, by definition, revenue-producing activities and are not

authorized APF support, except as follows:

(1) Maintenance and repair of the facility and its installed equipment/systems and

premises (roof, foundation, floors, walls, heating, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, walk-in

freezer, etc.).

Directly from the IMCOMM FY16 Manual on NAF's and APF's...

James Norrie

"Funding for the design and construction of this facility is paid for with U.S. Army Non-appropriated Funds (NAF) provided by Soldiers, Military Families and authorized users of these Family & Morale Welfare Recreation (MWR) facilities"
Are you familiar with AFRC, MWR, or the term non-appropriated funds? He wasn't being obtuse, but you are wrong.

Apparently none of you are familiar with UMF, which allows MWR activities to "Convert" APF's to NAF's

jt04

Apparently none of you are familiar with UMF, which allows MWR activities to "Convert" APF's to NAF's

I was just asking for evidence tax dollars are being used for this project. Or for the maintenance of any AFRC for that matter.

PS- Veteran status is irrelevant unless a Vet is rated 100%. I think.

Horizons1

Do you post just to post? I just explained everything I am trying to point out. But, Density has it's downfalls, so I'll spell it out. If they are allowed UMF, (Which turns NAF's into APF's), they will most certainly pull from the taxpayer dime before they deplete their own reserves... UMF is not allowed to pay for staffing, programming, or activities. It can, however, be used for maintenance and upgrading, and they do use it..
You are correct about veteran status. I am only 90%, hence why I have never stayed at SoG
He does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom