Seven Dwarves Mine Train the longest Disney attraction ever created and constructed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's hard to read on the unloaded version, but it also says "BELLE ATTRACTION" in the building that now houses the Belle Meet & Greet.

So, the Cindy attraction and the Aurora attraction would have likely been similar types of venues... a M&G with a few special effects thrown in.

I believe they were also going to both have an element where kids could interact with the characters like they do with Belle.

jdmdisney99

I believe they were also going to both have an element where kids could interact with the characters like they do with Belle.
They were more elaborate meet and greets. A few details and art were released during the first D23 Expo.
If I remember correctly, I read that Cinderella would transform magically before your eyes from a maid to royal ball attire.

Arty Cordova

It is all about the spread sheets.

When an attraction or, in the case of AK, a park will consistently make the company more money you get it done yesterday. When it won't, you spread it across as many quarters as you can, use no overtime and squeeze every contractor for every penny to make the capital expenditures look good to the suits on Wall St.
And exactly what is wrong with your analysis? Disney is a public company so I not sure what you are complaining about?

Arty Cordova

Show is supposed to trump Efficiancy.
So in your opinion, this ride should not have been completed in the same time frame as thunder mountain, splash mountain and Everest. You are saying it should have fallen in the realm of dumbo but it didn't to enhance corporate profits??

lazyboy97o

So in your opinion, this ride should not have been completed in the same time frame as thunder mountain, splash mountain and Everest. You are saying it should have fallen in the realm of dumbo but it didn't to enhance corporate profits??
It should not have fallen into such a time frame because it is nowhere near equal in scope. Disney despises attractions and avoids them because the culture has become so twisted that profitability of theme parks is completely misunderstood.

TRONorail12

It's taking so long because Disney can't find contractors to work for free...they nickel and dime all the local contractors so much that many don't even want to work for Disney.

One of the vans that belongs to the construction company working on the project has a Michigan license plate. I'm pretty sure this statement is accurate and Disney is forcing themselves to outsource work to construction companies in other states.

rnese

Look. It's taking so long simply beacuse dwarves have tiny little pick axes for those tiny little hands. Do you know how long it takes those guys to dig? Plus, many of them had to take time out to go on that journey to desolate Smaug. Sheeze! Give them a break! They've got alot on their plate. They're working as fast as they can. ;)

MOXOMUMD

Look. It's taking so long simply beacuse dwarves have tiny little pick axes for those tiny little hands. Do you know how long it takes those guys to dig? Plus, many of them had to take time out to go on that journey to desolate Smaug. Sheeze! Give them a break! They've got alot on their plate. They're working as fast as they can. ;)
They dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig.....

Tonka's Skipper

They did indeed break ground and then with all the complaints on the NFl, they stopped and redesigned it from the very bottom up a totally new attraction. They also decided they wanted to open the other parts of FL first, so most resources went to that to first.............the end.........it took a long time to build it!

lazyboy97o

They did indeed break ground and then with all the complaints on the NFl, they stopped and redesigned it from the very bottom up a totally new attraction. They also decided they wanted to open the other parts of FL first, so most resources went to that to first.............the end.........it took a long time to build it!
Disney did not have to design a brand new attraction. It was able to be dropped in because it had been developed earlier before being replaced by the meet and greets.

Lee

Adventurer
Disney did not have to design a brand new attraction. It was able to be dropped in because it had been developed earlier before being replaced by the meet and greets.
Correct, mostly.
It was designed years ago for both MK and Shanghai, but on a much grander scale. The decision to go with a less expensive FLE led to it being cut in favor of the elaborate M&Gs.
However, after it was revived it went through several rounds of cuts to its budget, scale and length, leaving us with the shorter and simpler version we see now.

Actually, considering how many changes it went through after being greenlit, it's a bit surprising it's not further behind schedule than it is. But, that said, it was an unnecessarily long construction schedule to begin with.

Tonka's Skipper

I am going by what I read back then. Other then the rough outline they had form the earlier version, they reengineered and redesigned it. ....AKK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom