Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for 6 year old?

erins3204

I would try the barnstormer first. It's quick, so if he hates it, it will be over quickly. Then you'll know if he might like the mine train. My 4 year old daughter has been on both. She's not a huge fan of roller coasters, but we (and she) wanted to try it. Tip: Stay in the front car since the back has more speed. She didn't like the back.

She did go on the mine train and she says she liked it, but then again she hasn't wanted to go on it again. ;) She clung to me the entire ride.

Chef Mickey

I think i'm going to be a bad parent because my kids wouldn't even have to ask me twice to do it. I'd probably tell them it's slow and surprise them when they realize it's a rollercoaster.

KIsAPrincess

My daughter is seven and is kind of meh on the Mine Train. She loves all of the Disney roller coasters and was so excited when it opened. They ride was having some issues that day so I think that might have been the problem. (And I think I have a thrill seeker on my hands because her favorite rides are Splash and Space Mountain.)

The4mousekeeters

Just got back and our 4 yr old (small for his size) LOVED it - his favorite ride by far. Loved it more than Barnstormer. It's such a smooth ride and the seats are very secure. It's a new family favorite for us definitely!

thomas998

Our 6 year old son has never ridden on a roller coaster before, but we've watched the video of the 7DMT, and he REALLY wants to ride it. I think he'll be okay, but am curious to hear your thoughts.

He's really not had much experience at all with carnival / amusement park type rides, so we thought we might be able to start out the first day taking him on the Dumbo Ride and the Barnstormer (along with the Pooh ride, Buzz Lightyear ride, etc). I'm guessing if he can handle the Barnstormer without any difficulty, then he likely can handle the 7DMT ride, as well, right???? Should we try to ride the Barnstormer multiple times in a day before taking him on the 7DMT? He easily meets the height requirement, BTW.

Thanks for any input / observations!

It is probably the tamest roller coaster you will find, mostly because it is so smooth. A good first coaster for people to start with.

Boardwalker

Our 6 year old son has never ridden on a roller coaster before, but we've watched the video of the 7DMT, and he REALLY wants to ride it. I think he'll be okay, but am curious to hear your thoughts.

He's really not had much experience at all with carnival / amusement park type rides, so we thought we might be able to start out the first day taking him on the Dumbo Ride and the Barnstormer (along with the Pooh ride, Buzz Lightyear ride, etc). I'm guessing if he can handle the Barnstormer without any difficulty, then he likely can handle the 7DMT ride, as well, right???? Should we try to ride the Barnstormer multiple times in a day before taking him on the 7DMT? He easily meets the height requirement, BTW.

Thanks for any input / observations!

This would be the ideal coaster for his first one IMHO. Awesome, smooth ride.

Alexis

I'm 20 years old. I just rode the Mine Train as my first rollercoaster on Sunday. I have to say, I didn't find the ride to be appropriate for younger children. I found it, in my opinion to be alittle bit intense. Yet again it was my first time. I didn't know what to expect. But if I had the chance, I would most likely do it again. I felt myself squirming and closing my eyes a few good times. I guess it just depends on the person.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I'm 20 years old. I just rode the Mine Train as my first rollercoaster on Sunday. I have to say, I didn't find the ride to be appropriate for younger children. I found it, in my opinion to be alittle bit intense. Yet again it was my first time. I didn't know what to expect. But if I had the chance, I would most likely do it again. I felt myself squirming and closing my eyes a few good times. I guess it just depends on the person.
Did you sit in the back?
I've only rode it once (im in my 20s too) and we got seated in the front cart and found it cute but boring. We didn't really swing or anything. :(

tl77

My 4 year old nieces loved it... until we took them on Big Thunder Mountain which they loved a whoooole lot more

HouCuseChickie

We rode a couple of times on our recent trip. The back is definitely more intense than the middle. Still, we saw plenty of people in line with kids as young as 2 or 3. Ultimately, I think it depends on the child. If the child is afraid - then I'd skip it; however, if the child is asking to ride it...I wouldn't have any concerns about taking them on this one.

profscottraynor

I don't get it...I have very cautious children. I can't get them on this ride or anything else that even smells like a roller coaster.

My kids got spooked last year on Star Wars and I thought it was pretty tame.

righttrack

I'd suggest this one for a good first roller coaster ride. BTM is great but it's so noisy it can scare some little ones. This would be quite different and enjoyable. Use this one as your test, and if he likes it, try the others he fits on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom