Seven Dwarf mine train needs some help.

Billq

This is my own personal opinion, I liked 7dmr but it was actually a disappointment for me, The coaster part was ok, didn't really feel the car sway too much, but I was really hoping there would be more of the dark ride , tell more of the story, something similar to Splash Mtn

Magenta Panther

This is my own personal opinion, I liked 7dmr but it was actually a disappointment for me, The coaster part was ok, didn't really feel the car sway too much, but I was really hoping there would be more of the dark ride , tell more of the story, something similar to Splash Mtn

I really wonder if great "storytelling" rides like Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror are now a thing of the past... :(

Billq

I really wonder if great "storytelling" rides like Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror are now a thing of the past... :(

What is a disappointment for me is that I am seeing Disney going from Theme Park to Amusement Park, what's with all the coasters ? is the Imagineers struggling for new ideas and they just fall back on "let's just build another coaster"

bferrara16

Since people are always on their phone when in line anyway, why not make that the source of the interactive queue?

Add interesting facts, play games based on location, online [bar] trivia games vs other groups in line, maybe a Monsters Inc style flashlight effect, check-in challenge, maybe bite off the wand tricks over at WWoHP...

Would certainly make the app more interesting, would eliminate potential damage etc that is the subject of this post, and could save some money/construction time on these new rides to be dedicated on the actual, you know, ride. Just a thought.

MerlinTheGoat

Rode it twice during the past two days (for the first time, though I was familiar with what was supposed to be working via videos). Everything was working perfectly from what I could tell. All seven dwarfs moving fully with proper face projections in the mine scene. Snow White was dancing as intended in the cottage (and the witch was moving at the end).

A very good ride btw, though I completely agree with the sentiments about not achieving its full potential. Needed at least 2-3 more show scenes, like the ones shown to be included in the original pre-budget cut track layout Martin posted. As it stands, it's not worth waiting more than 10 minutes in line for this ride. Even though it's a fun little ride and the best thing about FLE. I only had two days at WDW so my time was constrained, I used fastpass to get on quickly (i'm not a fan of fastpass but i'm not going to spend over an hour, hell even 30 minutes, in line for a sub-3 minute ride).

Thumper14

What is a disappointment for me is that I am seeing Disney going from Theme Park to Amusement Park, what's with all the coasters ? is the Imagineers struggling for new ideas and they just fall back on "let's just build another coaster"
Do not lose all hope. At DLR, the Radiator Springs Racers is simply amazing and the best new Disney ride since Tower of Terror. The entire Cars Land is amazing. Maybe WDW should consult with these imagineers! They turned a 2 hour Blah park into a 1.5 day park! I never imagined spending more time in CA than MK.

Sped2424

Original Poster
This ride had the potential to be the best ride to ever be put in a fantasyland at any of the disney parks. Seriously if it had way more show scenes and an eticket level track it could have been phenomenal. Instead the end product is this weird taste of something great that ends so suddenly. Almost every time I have ridden it I hear a guest say "Is that it?" or "it's over?".

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This ride had the potential to be the best ride to ever be put in a fantasyland at any of the disney parks. Seriously if it had way more show scenes and an eticket level track it could have been phenomenal. Instead the end product is this weird taste of something great that ends so suddenly. Almost every time I have ridden it I hear a guest say "Is that it?" or "it's over?".

The tragedy is it was DESIGNED as an E-Ticket ride with a much longer track and more show scenes, TDO cut it way back to the kiddie coaster ride it is today.

Sped2424

Original Poster
It shocked me too.

Moonlight may sound nice at a meeting in an office, but in reality it's not so clever.
yeah in execution the only thing thats "moonlit" is the top of the mound. The forest parts on the left and right are pretty pitch black.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom