Sesame Street 4D

JLW11Hi

Original Poster
I couldn't find anywhere else to post this, as it is pertaining to Universal Japan.

I read at muppetcentral.com (in the same article talking about Golez doing the voice talent for Figment) that there is a Sesame Street 4D attraction comming to Universal Tokyo. Any thoughts on this? I just thought it was interesting..

Just one question, will there be a 3D COOKIE MONSTER???!!! there had better be! :sohappy: :hammer:

pheneix

This is very interesting on many levels.

If this is a success in Tokyo (the attraction is in development, Universal already has the rights), anyone want to wager a bet that Universal may want to set up another Sesame Street at Universal Studios Florida? That would be even more interesting, considering that Anheuser Busch already operates "Sesame Place," a small amusement park themed to, of course, Sesame Street.

One also has to wonder if maybe this is a prelude to an attempt by Vivendi Universal (one financial disaster of a company buys the assets from another financial disaster of a company, ironic, aint it?) to buy the Jim Henson Company. That would be a HUGE boost to their growing list of franchises, and in the depressed economy, a relatively cheap deal.

I've got a feeling there are more dynamics to this than meets the eye, just as Jim Hill speculated in that article.

JLW11Hi

Original Poster
Yes, this would start to get interesting, especially for the Jim Henson Company. If Anheiser Bush owns and operates Sesame Place, while Disney comtinues to have all of the Muppet theming in their parks, and then Universal starts a Sesame Street Show, mabey even in Orlando, well, that's just buck wild crazy!

(But still....WILL Cookie Monster be in it?)

:D

MKCustodial

Hey, MUCH BETTER option to replace Hanna-Barbera, if they REALLY wanna do it, than Jimmy... Well, you know, that kid that EVERYBODY loves SOOOOO much... :rolleyes:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Please remember that Jim Hill is often mis-informed and has a bad reputation for bad journalistic reporting on any level.

JLW11Hi

Original Poster
Who is Jim Hill?

lol

I know hes the one that made that article, but is he in some way affiliated with the Jim Henson company? Or just a web site guy?

woofboy111

If a sesame street attraction does go into Universal, It would kind of be overdoing it. That would make it 3 3d attractions (terminator, shrek, and sesame street). I have to admit though, anything jim henson is better than jimmy neutron so if they put that in instead, it sounds good to me.

Just as long as disney keeps muppets open.

If this is built, I wonder if Kermit will be involved. That would be really weird to have 1 character at two parks within 10 miles of each other.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by woofboy111
If a sesame street attraction does go into Universal, It would kind of be overdoing it. That would make it 3 3d attractions (terminator, shrek, and sesame street). I have to admit though, anything jim henson is better than jimmy neutron so if they put that in instead, it sounds good to me.

Just as long as disney keeps muppets open.

If this is built, I wonder if Kermit will be involved. That would be really weird to have 1 character at two parks within 10 miles of each other.

Muppets and Sesame Street, though similar, are not related at all.

Muppets are the creation of Jim Henson

Sesame Street is the creation of CTW (Children's Television Workshop)

And as for T2, it's also a live action show, so I don't consider it entirely 3D

JLW11Hi

Original Poster
"Muppets and Sesame Street, though similar, are not related at all.

Muppets are the creation of Jim Henson

Sesame Street is the creation of CTW (Children's Television Workshop) "

Actually, they are very much related. Jim Henson created the characters on Sesame Street. CTW is now Sesame Workshop. Whether or not the Jim Henson company OWNS any of SW anymore is something I don't know too much about.

Rider

CTW and Henson own Sesame Street 50/50.

Thats one reason why Disney wants it so much.

----

Now, an interesting note. Universal Japan also has a Snoopy area.

BUT, here in the states, Snoopy and pals belong to Cedar Fair for their parks.

So it is possible that Sesame Street is just for Japan and wont see American because Busch owns it here.

MrPromey

Originally posted by Fievel
Please remember that Jim Hill is often mis-informed and has a bad reputation for bad journalistic reporting on any level.

What do you mean?! :eek: That Jim Hill’s a strait shooter if I’ve ever seen one! Don’t you remember? He’s the one that leaked Disney’s concept for their 5th gate!.. For those of you who missed it, according to Jim Hill, it’s going to be Lego Land Florida. Why? Because it’s cheap and so is Disney. :rolleyes: The guy’s a legend in his own mind and it’s impossible to separate possible fact from his personal opinions and unfounded predictions since he doesn’t seem to see a difference between them, himself. There is a smaller local paper that he occasionally writes Disney bashing articles for but most of his rantings are exclusive to the anybody-can-act-like-they-know-what-they-are-talking-about-world-wide-web.

Rider

Thats what I ment about SS. There already is one, so just like Universal dosent own Snoopy here, they also dont own SS. So there will be nothing in USA for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom