Service at Universal

sillyspook13

Original Poster
A couple of months ago, I happened to be at Universal on the same day as Rock the Universe. I was not going to the concert, so I was about the only person there without a wristband. (plus I'm Buddhist) The whole time I was there, people treated me like crap. They acted as if I worshipped the devil and was going to curse them or something. Needless to say I left early and stayed at City Walk for a couple of hours.

Last week at Universal, I was not allowed to go on MIB because I was carrying a purse. Although I carry my stuff on that ride all the time, I was suddenly told to put my purse in a locker. Because the lockers are so easy to break into, I decided to wait by the exit while my group had fun. To make things worse, a woman with a bag and a man with an expensive camera were allowed to go without being told to put their stuff in a locker.

This month I will NOT renew my annual pass because of the crappy way I am treated at the parks.:mad:

markymark

I really like IOA, but for me the thing that REALLY lets the place down is the attitude of the staff. I have never been to either park any come away satisfied with the service. It's like everything is too much trouble to them, plus I think that once you have been exposed to the Disney Magic any place else is going to fall short. It's just that Universal falls WELL SHORT. :mad:

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree. IOA & Universal appeal to a younger crowd who don't seem to mind the "whatever" attitude that we "of a certain age" dislike. Maybe I'm just getting old & crochety, but I think we deserve a little politeness after paying inflated prices for admission, food, etc. It doesn't take a lot more effort to smile and be nice.

That said, I have seen people who deserve to be treated rudely, and am amazed at the patience most Disney employees display.

mickeyears

I've always enjoyed going to IOA/US. We have never had bad service or been treated badly. I hope that we have good service in October. We will be staying at HRH and going to both parks then over to DISNEY. We would hate to have to stop adding Universal to our Disney trips due to bad service. :eek:

Brett

As a college student, I'm a part of the younger crowd that a place that Islands of Adventure attracts. But when you are visiting Walt Disney World, you get the red carpet treatment. They treat you like a king, while Islands of Adventure didn't seem to care about the customers one bit. I wasn't too pleased and would have a higher opinion of the park if it wasn't for the lack of gratitude.

The Mom

Premium Member
Why can't you carry anything on MIB? I know my family hands their things off to me while they ride DD,Hulk, etc., but they turn upside down so it makes sense. (I don't like upside down) Also, what is Rock the Universe? Is it like Night of Joy at the MK? Disney usually makes special groups schedule special hours with special tickets. When we were there, the Gay Pride folks were having a special party at MGM after hours, and I know other groups do the same.

scan_man

I want appologize, to Sillyspooky for the attitude of other Christians. I know that doesn't help now.

Yes Rock the Universe is the Equivalent to the Night of Joy at Disney world. But Disney Has the Better line up this year. Rock the Universe is mostly for the Younger Kids from the names of the Bands I have seen that are proforming there. If any one wants I can start a new thread later to list out who's going to be proforming.
But Yes. you have to have a Different Ticket to get in the Park for Rock the Universe in September.

woofboy111

Originally posted by sillyspook13

Last week at Universal, I was not allowed to go on MIB because I was carrying a purse. Although I carry my stuff on that ride all the time, I was suddenly told to put my purse in a locker. Because the lockers are so easy to break into, I decided to wait by the exit while my group had fun. To make things worse, a woman with a bag and a man with an expensive camera were allowed to go without being told to put their stuff in a locker.

I've had the same problem. Anyone know why they have this stupid rule, where they sometimes let you on the ride with a bag and, other times they don't? Even in the pre loading movies, they tell you to hang bags and backpacks on a hook on the cars. I personally don't think it makes any sense why they do this.

sillyspook13

Original Poster
The guy said that people lose stuff, but I don't see how when there is a pouch and a hook for the belongings. But all I had was a small backpack. I could see how I would need to use a locker if I had a large shopping bag or a bag that did not close, but this was a small purse! I've taken bigger stuff on roller coasters with no problem.

M

Mr Lightbeer

Sillyspook,in the U.K. only Ladies carry purses, if the American name for what we in the U.K. call a wallet is a purse then thats ok.If you do walk around with a ladies purse then maybe that explains why people treated you like crap.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you think people treated you like crap,firstly how did they know you were a buddhist? do you wear those orange clothes? Is there anything strange about your apperarence? How do these people treat you different to the way people treat you at Disney or anywhere else in the outside world.Maybe the problem is not the staff and other guests at Universal,maybe the problem is within yourself.If you dress a bit weird to be noticed it shouldn't bother you what other people think of your appearence .If it does bother you you'll have to change.I have noticed on these boards people are very precious about Disney, that's not a bad thing, but it does lead to people being over critical about other theme parks,e.g." they wouldn't do this or that at WDW",If everywhere else was like WDW maybe it wouldn't stand out as much as it does.

Hope nothing I've said here offends you.

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 162

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Actually, I dress just like every other American teenage female. And my "purse" that I had was one of those small backpacks.

sillyspook13

Original Poster
You're not the first to get confused about my gender. People often refer to me as "guy" or "man". NO!!! I'M NOT A MAN!!!:rolleyes:

The Mom

Premium Member
Sillyspook, I can understand how you might be a little uncomfortable being surrounded by certain Christians. A lot of people in the "Bible Belt" are extremely open about their faith, which is not a bad thing, but there are certain groups who truly believe that they are endangering your eternal soul by not trying to convert you, and that all the people around them feel the same way. Therefore, when they are openly talking as if you have the same beliefs, but you don't, it can be a little uncomfortable. Kind of like being the home section of the stands when you're rooting for the other team! I really don't want to start a religious thread here; I just wanted to help others understand sillspooks reaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom