Serial Stroller Thief Caught!

ninjaprincesst

Are we talking jogging stroller or normal ones? Most strollers aren't heavy.
All I know is it was big and they both agreed really nice expensive looking, and she was in tears over the items that fell out, he said they try to carry them because they don't want to mess up wheels on these nice strollers by dragging, and I'm sure people would rather have their little lock thing t then have their belongings messed up or the expensive stroller messed up. They typically work near star tours where people don't even bother to look fr stroller parking they just stop wherever and go.

21stamps

All I know is it was big and they both agreed really nice expensive looking, and she was in tears over the items that fell out, he said they try to carry them because they don't want to mess up wheels on these nice strollers by dragging, and I'm sure people would rather have their little lock thing t then have their belongings messed up or the expensive stroller messed up. They typically work near star tours where people don't even bother to look fr stroller parking they just stop wherever and go.

Expensive doesn't equal heavy though. The heaviest strollers are typically joggers..not sure what the weight on a double is, but even 33lbs isn't that heavy. I have noticed a few at the parks, but the vast majority that I've seen are just normal strollers.

I'm not saying I doubt the story, just that I think the common stroller would be easy for most people to pick up and move if need be. Especially today when one of the biggest factors is weight, for a lot of parents.

ETA- not sure of all the brands, but checked BOB (a jogger) and a double is 34lbs. It's not ideal to move a stroller, but 34lbs should be doable if the situation arises.
A CM should not have to cut a lock at that weight.

Last edited:

natatomic

I assure you he is not lying maybe you wish to drag them , they don't and after his co worker who is tiny, tried to pick one up and carry itand dropped it and sent somones personal belongings all over the place which a crowd of people going to star tours promptly walked on and kicked around, they wen to their boss who gave them permission to start calling security and having them cut as it is becoming a problem.

Huh. I worked at Star Tours for a long time. Never cut any locks of wheels unless attached to something. And I am TINY too. Never had an issue with dragging a stroller. Now, they may have called security to cut the lock off that one stroller as an exception, or because the leader didn't know what the actual rule is. But technically, that lock is entirely on the stroller (which CAN still be moved) which is the property of the guests. And I guarantee you those guests got Disney to replace the value of that lock when they came back to find their personal property damaged for no reason other than convenience.

ninjaprincesst

Huh. I worked at Star Tours for a long time. Never cut any locks of wheels unless attached to something. And I am TINY too. Never had an issue with dragging a stroller. Now, they may have called security to cut the lock off that one stroller as an exception, or because the leader didn't know what the actual rule is. But technically, that lock is entirely on the stroller (which CAN still be moved) which is the property of the guests. And I guarantee you those guests got Disney to replace the value of that lock when they came back to find their personal property damaged for no reason other than convenience.
Ok guess they are just liars.

21stamps

Not necessarily liars. But either they or you are misinformed.

Or maybe exaggerating? I'd think it would be hard to find anyone aged 14+ who couldn't lift up and move a stroller with another person.

Maybe it was a hot day, they were tired, and more annoyed than anything else. We've all probably exaggerated under those circumstances. I know that my own 45lb child (at the time) felt like a 90lb child at the end of MVMCP last year lol

Karl Svensson

That's true. But it could help you prevent something if you or anyone in the family is close by. And at least you'll know when it's happening. But it's still a challenge... If they'd add a GPS function it would be better. Luckily our stroller is so old so I don't think anyone will take it anyway ;)

Chef Mickey

That was my first thought as well. Who in their right mind brings an $1800 stroller on vacation, and leaves all their valuables in it? That doesn't give any excuse whatsoever for the thief, but come on. Even if you feel you need the Cadillac, you don't leave it with the windows down and all your valuables sitting out on the seat. Disney has no responsibility to monitor stupid.
I believe it's a status symbol for rich parents to flaunt their wealth. "Look what I can afford! Yeah, you other parents know how expensive this stroller is!" Anyone using that expensive of a stroller at WDW and keeps valuable items in it is completely oblivious to the real world around their affluent bubble.

They didn't deserve it, but that is just pure negligence and arrogance.

TheGhostWithTheMost

When I worked at Disney, a woman yelled at me for walking to her stroller that was wrongfully parked at Pirates of the Caribbean wheelchair parking. She told me not to "dare" move it to the stroller parking next to Pirates that she was gesticulating towards. I didn't move it there, I moved it to stroller parking at the Jungle Cruise. I can't handle the way that a 40k dollar a year family feels like they can treat a 14k dollar a year worker over refusal to follow rules.
Oh, and front line cast 100% does not have permission to cut locks.

TheGhostWithTheMost

yeah, but the CMs are going to move the stroller repeatedly if you leave it for any length of time. They are constantly adjusting strollers.
If a stroller is not parked in stroller parking, I LOVED moving it. It was micromanagement if cast was made to move strollers around that were already in stroller parking. Managment are the ones who constantly give cast the busy menial work of moving strollers down the line of stroller parking. I know it's hard for managment to make great decisions from the air conditioned rooms that they watch youtube videos and play Candy Crush but they could make a try.

TheGhostWithTheMost

Are they? I worked in the parks for a while and I've never seen the locks on stroller cut. Or heard of that happening. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen... just that *if* it does, it's not often at ALL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom