Serial Stroller Thief Caught!

AEfx

Original Poster
Crazy I know and we certainly could not afford that, but for those who can why not. The stupidity was leaving all the money etc. in it more than buying the stroller itself. Thankfully this is pretty rare.

True, but thats why I said "on vacation". Smart people generally don't bring their best sunglasses, their best jewelry, or in this case, their best stroller on vacation to a tourist spot because it attracts crime. Disney may be very safe in many ways that typical tourist destinations are not, but petty theft is not one of them. People can't expect Disney to take responsibility for securing belongings left in the streets.

To be honest, I think the article I quoted above as written by one of those mommies or daddies that resent that Disney doesn't let you take the blasted things absolutely everywhere. The original article is here, with pictures and all.

Smiley/OCD

We need to create a boot for strollers .. Disney can rent them for $10 per day.

and Lojack too...LOL...we just had a story here in NJ a few weeks ago where someone was stealing flowers off graves in a cemetery...they added cameras ad they caught the woman....SHE WAS A FLORIST...stealing the arrangements and reselling them in her shop!!! NOTHING surprises me anymore...

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
You can not lock your stroller to anything. It's against park policy. CMs have to be able to move your stroller. Many companies already make and sell stroller wheel locks so you can't just roll away with someone's stroller but it can be moved by CMs. Stoller theft and how to prevent it is a big topic of conversation on mommy boards. This mom left her keys and wallet that is crazy!

https://www.amazon.com/Buggyguard-Retractable-Stroller-Lock-Monkey/dp/B002QBDMDI?th=1

AEfx

Original Poster
I believe this is the royal carriage in question. There better be dual widescreen TV's, heating and A/C systems, a fridge, an automatic diaper changer under those hoods, and the entire thing able to shield from a nuclear blast, for $1800.

bugaboo-2017-donkey-duo-stroller-all-black-2.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
"Disney and other theme parks must begin looking at how they secure and monitor areas where strollers are left unattended."

So what's the solution? Stroller lockers? Stroller security?

Maybe it's not the best idea to leave your wallet or car keys in the stroller.

Strong second on this, A epipen should always be within reach. Along with your keys and wallet

Tyaloo

We rent a stroller from an off property company, and pay 15 dollars for insurance, which includes theft and damage.

My refillable popcorn bucket got stolen from it last year :cry:! It was the risk I took.

One time we left a backpack in it (empty) and when we came back, the backpack was unzippered and hanging open!

But we never leave money/camera/phones or anything like that in it. We always have the mindset that somebody might have a gander through our things while we're gone, so we take whatever we don't want to lose on the rides with us.

Goob

What gets me about these strollers are the 8 year olds that these moms push around all day. Then they use them as steamrollers.

It doesn't affect me in any way, but good lord, if your child is of the age to be in grade school, make them walk. Quit coddling.

Last edited:

KrazyKat

In this day and age it really surprises me (actually not really) how stupid someone can be knowing there are cameras everywhere especially in Disney World. Our last trip to Hollywood studios we were eating at 50s primetime and left our stroller for our twins outside and we were in there for about an hour and 20 minutes came back out and it was gone. Luckily it was a rented stroller from Disney so we just went back up to the front and got another one. Glad it was not a personal one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom